Peri light

Can I give my two month old pedia light for constipation? I've given her prune juice and it works but now her lil butt is all red and cries when I clean her.

ILUVMYFATGURL

Asked by ILUVMYFATGURL at 1:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Constipation is little balls of hard poop. It is totally normal for a baby to go several days without pooping, and they are not constipated. Prune juice is not a good idea for a 2 month old, neither is pedialite. If your baby really is constipated, take her to the doctor and they will give you some suppositories, or something even safer for a 2 month old. Good luck!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Call your pediatrician and see what they recommend. My son was constipated that young and we ended up trying Karo syrup in his formula, they gave him suppositories (pieces of them...too little for the whole thing), tried prune juice, etc. We ended up going to soy formula.

There is no need for pedialyte. It's just full of sugar and won't do anything for constipation and will cause her to take less formula or breastmilk.

If she has gone more than 4 days without pooping, definitely call the pediatrician. (ours says no more than three days)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2009