another diaper question...

I'm 18 wks pregnant with my 2nd and starting to have panic inducing dreams about running out of diapers..lol.. I want to start buying diapers now and stocking up a bit... what if the baby is allergic to certain brands ect... do you think buying ahead is still a good idea?

mizsaxton

Asked by mizsaxton at 1:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i may be the only person to say this to you but don't stock up too much. its good to be prepared but newborns grow fast. don't stock up on newborn diapers, and size 1s. my dd didn't even last in the newborns past 2 weeks and i have plenty left over. we bought some ones too and she didn't even wear them. she skipped right to a size two. it's very unpredictable because each bab is different. but def buy one of each size and keep the reciept in case they don't give u the chance to even open a pack.
    Anonymous

• well im a ftm and my baby isnt born yet lol. but yeah of course u should buy them ahead of time and huggies just came out with new pampers called natural organics they will give u a free sample if u go onto their website.
    preggyjackie21

Answer by preggyjackie21 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• yes buy ahead of time! seriously stock up! If the baby is allergic then you can always exchange them! Just keep the reciepts.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• You could always buy a package of cloth diapers. I have 3 children. Those diapers came in handy when we didn't have the money to go buy some more until pay day. (If you never use them on the baby, cloth diapers dry dishes and windows better than dish towels or paper towels. They don't leave lint on glass and mirrors either.) It doesn't hurt to stock up on disposables. Just a suggestion, you could buy a package of each of the different brands to try out when the baby arrives.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I wasn't too brand particular with my daughter so I'm wanting to just buy what's on sale a few different brands.... will they let you exchange diapers that were sold on sale?
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:34 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Stock up while its reasonable easy to get out. I think we bought 3 cartons and still had to get more after 2 months. Stock up on everything. I made sure I had 2 of everything (inclu moisturisers, bath and body stuff, wipes etc) so that I could just focus on my dd. I would have been even more stressed out had I not done this.

I dont think they would be allergic to the more expensive brands. I love huggies. They are the beez neez for us and have never leaked or caused any allergy.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 1:34 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• wow i just read the pp and why would you bitch at some1 cuz they are warning some1 about getting herpes...
    i went and read ur posting to see what this person was talking about and ur a spazzz for real
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• wow anon was extremely rude!!!!!

i used the luvs newborn size on all my kiddos. worked great. and also the huggies supreme. i hate pampers!!! like someone else mentioned, huggies just came out with these natural and organic diapers. i would try those

and yes i stocked up!!! when i had my last child, i had over 500 diapers for her. but then again, my husband was deployed to iraq and i already had a 15 month old and a 26 month old child at home. i didn't want to run to the grocery store just to get diapers
    jennalms

Answer by jennalms at 1:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't because they can be allergic to diapers. My DD couldn't use Pampers or Huggies. We used cloth.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i agree with dustbunny. get a pack or two of cloth diapers. my son was alergic to EVERY kind of disposable type so we switched to cloth.
    i had lots of preconceived ideas about cloth, that they would be yucky or too much work, but boy i was so wrong! i do a load of diapers every 2-3 days, he NEVER gets rashes, as the pee isnt in contact with his skin long enough to turn to ammonia (because the pee is still there in disposable diapers, even though the skin feels dry, they are still being affected by the pee inside)
    i am so thrilled with my cloth diapers, i cant believe i didnt like the idea at first.
    and i never run out :P
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 7:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2009