Not even 1-800 ask gary could help me with this one..

So I'm 20 years old, 21 in August, and I have a 2 year old son with my ex. I recently got engaged about 3 months ago and have been on my birth control since my son was born. I breastfed my son for 15 months, and I'm really scared I'm pregnant.

My parents were gone on vacation last week so my son and I had the place to ourselves with my fiance coming over the entire time. He noticed before I did that I'd been feeling crappy during the day and then mysteriously feeling better as the day progressed only feeling sick otherwise when I smelled the cheese to the pizza I made us. He asked me when my period was due and I told him (3 days ago) in the next 3-4 days. Then, we were having sex and he was playing with my nipples and just looked at me all wide eyed and requested I stopped because I was lactating apparently all over the place. I checked my breasts and sure enough! Tons of milk. I'm not sure if this means I'm pregnant (cont.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Take a test...how would we know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Um if you have milk and you're not even a week late then you have issues b/c milk doesn't come in until after birth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• or even if it means anything at all!

I know the obvious answer is take a test, but I'm more scared about what's going to happen if I am pregnant. When we first started dating I'd just separated from my sons father and admittedly didn't continue taking my birth control because I wasn't having sex! When I met my present day Fiance', we had sex the first night we met with no protection and I ended up getting pregnant which resulted in a miscarriage at 9w4d. The entire 5 weeks or so he knew I was pregnant he was pushing for me to have an abortion. We're both in college. I'm really scared he's going to ask me to do it again, and have NO idea what's going to happen.

So any advice on either front?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I started producing milk with my son at 14 weeks gestation, and never really stopped, like, I could poke and prod at my nipple and stimulate and stimulate and maybe I'd get a drop out, but this is a lot of milk!

BTW it'd be nice if people would wait until I was done with my continued to post a response.

I'm done now, but the first two responses would have been answered if they would've waited 3 minutes!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• yeah take a test... it's possible you're pregnant and I do know a lady that- no joke leaking is her first pregnancy symptom every time... 3 babies. GL
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Ok so now that we knoe the whole story... I would say take the test to see if you have anything to worry about in the first place.

Now big question.... If you ARE pg (and without thinking about you F) then would you want to keep the baby? If you do and he still is pushing you to get and abotrion and isnt changing his mind then i dont think he is right for you. If you dont want to keep the baby i wuld please tell you to think long and hard about adoption beofre you got an abortion.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• this might sound mean but i am really not meaning it to be.... But if he didnt want a baby right now why werent ya'll using protection. Or you were and you think it just failed?
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I've been on my birth control since my son was born, but I was still with his father at the time and then stopped whenever we separated because I figured I wasn't going to be having sex any time soon. Then I met my fiance' Michael and we had sex the first night we met, which I'd never done before, and didn't use a condom or any form of pregnancy prevention I got pregnant, miscarried, we fell in love, we fell more in love, he asked me to marry him, we fell more in love, we fall more in love every day, and I've been on my birth control, religiously might I add, since we lost out first pregnancy. I mean, even the same time every day religiously.

I'm not sure what happened, but my period is supposed to come either today or tomorrow, and I'm waiting for at least 6 days until I take a pregnancy test, but I wanted advice on some of the other factors in my scenario also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• DO NOT HAVE AN ABORTION BECAUSE HE WANTS YOU TO.

He will get over it. Make him step up and be a parent if that's what you want to do!

I can't say if you're pregnant, or what the symptoms could be, but just follow that first advice IMO.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 1:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Ok Well like i said before it could go either way. I really hope it works out whatever way you want it to! Why are you waiting 6 day before you take the test?
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 13, 2009