religious spite? how bad is it?

Have you ever done something just because you were told it was bad and evil? Because I am about to litter my lawn with a huge collection of Saints and every type of Mary statues around. I have never in my life owned a statue of Mary or even a garden gnome but after reading the posts today I am going to buy all these statues put them around my house just because so many people have a problem with another person's faith. What is worse , these are supposed other Christians condemning their Christian sisters?!?! All the bickering about bad Catholics saints makes one want to sign up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• But they are a great place to start for people asking how do I live a godly life? Well Worship God, keep his sabbath day and keep it holy, don't kill, don't steal etc... Just some basic guidlines. But agian for those who do not believe in the bible I cannot say for sure that you will be in hell cause I am not God. I have not seen the book of life and I do not know your heart. So you live your life how you want to. I men God would love to have you in heaven with im but if you choose not to believe in hi then that is your doing. I think I went OT but in a sense do what you want wit hyour statues and to my fellow christians please stop condemning and talking down to those who don't follow your ways. I suggest you read Romans 14:1-8 and apply it. God Bless you all
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• At least they don't kill anyone for it anymore. For a good few hundred years there Protestants were slaughtering people for their "false idols."
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• ok---on that happy note....LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• This makes me think of the quote from James Mannion's Essentials of Philosophy that says "it is a basic truth that if people focused on the things that united them rather than the differences that divided them, the world would be a better place."
    And I agree, often this kind of negativity is directed towards people who already believe in God and who are Christians Why would we want to cause turmoil within our own ranks, why would we want to ostracize people of our own kind? What should be important is their love for Christ, and when we start trying to tell people they're "wrong" just because they don't believe exactly as we do, all we do is push them away.
    It does far more damage than good - in fact, it doesn't do any good at all...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• WTF?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• does this mean i have to get rid of my 50lb cement Razorback? the only xtians to shame me have been Sooner fans...
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• it means you have to put a statue of Mary with your razor back LOL or a sooner dude. or cowboy? IDK what are some of the rivals?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I am going to leave my nativity scene up all year long LOL

*reminds me of the pot commercial...I called my girlfriend 26 times lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• haha...i'm not sure arkansas has rivals...we kinda suck! LOL
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I am a Christian & have the statue of Our Lady of Fatima that my father brought home from Italy during WWII for my mom in my bedroom. Do I "worship" or "pray " to it? No. I have it b/c it reminds me of my mo whom I lost 12 years ago today!!! This statue was always in her bedroom until she passed then my brother had it until 4 yrs ago when he passed away. His partner wanted me to take it home to my kids to keep it in our family. My grandkids love it.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 2:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2009