2 kids and an airport!!

so I live in Wa and am going to see my husbands mom with our 2 kids in LA my question is is there something I can get to make them passout on the trip...I know I sound real mean but my son is ADHD and my daughter is only 16 months and my husband is overseas and traveling with my son in the past has been horrible I dont how to do this I only have 2 hands and now 2 kids....a double stroler and 2 car seats not to mention some bags to bring on the plain also....so can someone tell me how they do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Travel

• okay i know this is horrible. but i feel for you. i had 3 kiddos and a deployed husband and none of my family lived nearby.

benadryl. it makes some kids extremely hyper or knocks some kids right out. it knocks mine out. try it before the trip though! a dose of tylenol (make sure it says it makes them drowsy though).

okay...now without drugging your kids. try giving them a warm bath with lavendar soap beforehand. that makes a lot of kids sleep. don't let them nap all day and make them get up early! they will be so tired!
    jennalms

Answer by jennalms at 1:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I was so there a couple of month ago. 2 kids ( one is 17 month and very active and a 3 year old) and a cat and this all alone. I had my older one on a kids leash which helped me to keep him close, while I carried the other one and the cat and a couple of bags for on board and luggage. And my 17 month old one trow one tantrum after another and it made no fun!
    It almost drove me nuts, especially as I had to get off the first flight and had to go trough the airport to get to the second flight on the other side of it, with my kids who were sleepy like hell. On every flight, I made fun with the kids at first and after an hour or two I told them it's time to sleep and read them a story and it helped them to calm down, I also had their fav. blankets and pillows with me and their fav. stuffed animal. I didn't need to drug my kids to made them to go to sleep. Take toys with you, involve your older one!
    Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Benadryl or Tylenol. With the Benadryl, try it first so you'll know if it doesn't have the opposite effect and really wake up the child.

Car seats check or get a cart and take them to the gate or have the little car thing drive you to the gate, ask when you checkin. That LA flight is fast, it won't be as bad as you think.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Robitussin works wonders w/ my kids...good luck
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 11:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2009