SAHM's, what do you do to keep from getting burned out? I feel guilty everytime I take time for myself, but feel a bit batty lately.

kyraandtylersmo

Asked by kyraandtylersmo at 4:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• well, what's YOUR passion? what's something YOU are interested in, that has NOTHING to do with kids/hubby/family? for me it's photography, and so when I get crazy I go off on a shoot, just wandering around finding interesting stuff to take pic of. it doesn't have to look like art to anyone but me. if you enjoy books, find a mega bookstore, the kind w/chairs, and go read magazines and parts of books for a few hours. go to starbucks with a book and chill. go mallwalking/windowshopping, and get something like earrings for yourself as a treat. do it WITHOUT KIDS. and crank up your favorite tunes in the car on the way and belt out those songs with wild abandon. have fun. we moms deserve FUN. recharge, to be a better person and mom. or else we'll be sending you emails in the mental ward, y'know?
    thegoddessofwit

Answer by thegoddessofwit at 5:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I go to the drive-in movies by myself. I let my SO stay home with the girls, so I can get so "me" time. Yeah, I feel guilty about it, but he gets time without them all the time, I deserve a little for my sanity.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Why do you feel guilty? Your husband is a parent, too. And it is good for both him and the kids to have time together on their own once in a while. It deepens their bond! My older two are off enjoying the afternoon together right now, as a matter of fact, and the baby is asleep. Life is good! :)
    TwinmomPlus

Answer by TwinmomPlus at 5:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2008