Do any of you puke to keep you weight down

I had a baby few months ago, and while I was pregnant I started having heart problems, got thyroid and after the baby my dr. also told me I'm anemic, have high cholesterol, low blood preasure and they have me on all these pills but I don't have health insurance, and all that crap makes me stress and trying take care of my two boys, my husband does help when he gets home from work but all the stress makes me want to eat crap so I started to puke thinking I can control it but boy did I think wrong now I just do it all the time and I'm sick of it, I just want to loose the weight the healty way but I'm so tierd half the time I only have the energy for my kids, but this puking habbit I got how do I stop????????????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Health

• I don't, but my sil does. And I know it's hard just from talking to her but she acts like she doesn't do it! So by admiting it, you are doing good. I would start by trying to eat a healthy diet and only eat when hungry!!! Keep in mind what you need to do for your family and that is to stop this habbit, so start doing something else besides eating to get your mind from the stress... coloring with your boys, walking anywhere with them... just try to seperate yourself from food. I would think that as far as puking goes tell yourself it's for you sons? I personally am anerexic and I'm trying to force myself to eat for my dd and SO. I am too skinny... you can see every rib, my shoulderblades and hip bones protrude out of my body and so does my spine. Even tho I KNOW i'm too skinny, i still see myself as fat which is where I talk to my SO about it and have him reassure me and stop listening to myself.
    CONT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• This is not an easy battle on either sides! Maybe try thinking about how it's wasting food??!?!!

Here is some infor I've found... just basically things about it
    http://www.raderprograms.com/the-problem/bulimia-nervosa?gclid=COnDyaT-hpsCFRIcawodbmNGow
    http://www.mamashealth.com/bulimia.asp

I guess really just try to research it! I really do wish you luck and I do understand it's not that you won't stop, it's that you can't!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I used to be bulemic...A puker. I got myself better. I started with very very small meals. Maybe just one a day. I drank and TON of water. Then after a few weeks I started to add a very small breakfast like half and apple or orange. Now I'm up to 3 small meals a day with a light snack in between each. I wish I hadn't started because now it's very hard for me to lose weight because of what I put my body through. I think for you to handle the stress better is to sit down and write down what stresses you out and something you can do to relax. Like taking a mommy time out to read a book, write a letter or take a bath.
    AmericanChild82

Answer by AmericanChild82 at 6:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Take it from me, a bulemic 22 yrs ago, you will mess up your system for a life time. Baby weight can come off but it takes some people a while to get it off. Do you breast feed? If so, the weight stays on for a while but then falls off. Anyhow, start drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water each day. Eat fruit, vegetables & grains. Do daily stretches & try to exercise a little. Quit the crap & grow up, you have a child depending on you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Bulemia can kill you and ruin your teeth.
    For anemia, eat iron rich foods (beans, dark green vegetables) with a source of vitamin C (increases the absorption of the iron). Make a smoothie with frozen blueberries, frozen banana chunks, 3 kale leaves (lots of iron and calcium), yogurt (the real kind with live cultures and without gelatin or high fructose corn syrup) and orange juice (C).
    It is your responsiblity as a parent to live a healthy life.
    Start with simple changes.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water (at least 8 8oz glasses a day)
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu.
    You can let life control you, or you can control your life...

Answer by rkoloms at 8:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2009