how do you picture hell if you believe in hell?

here are some verses on hell
http://www.biblebb.com/files/tniv/HELL.TXT

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 6:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Bible describes "hell" as a place of...

--outer darkness (Matthew 25:30)

--weeping (Matthew 8:12)

--wailing (Matthew 13:42)

--gnashing of teeth (Matthew 13:50)

--flames (Luke 16:24)

--everlasting fire (Matthew 25:46)

--a furnace of fire (Matthew 13:42)

--separation from the righteous (Matthew 25:46)

--eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord (2 Thessalonians 1:9)

--torment (Luke 16:23)

--everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:46)

--and as the lake of fire burning with brimstone (Revelation 19:20)

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I picture it as nothing but a big lake of fire, surrounded by nothing but rock.. and by lake of fire, I mean a lake of lava.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I picture hell as this earth burning. I picture Satan and his followers getting their just due. I see all of the money and material items that man holds so dear caught up in the flames.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Absence of all love, God. Totally and completelyalone. The torment is despair. A despair that is so deep we can't even begin to understand.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• nothingness,blackness
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Hell is this earth we are living on.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Like a big lake of fire and smells of sulfur :P
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I just read Dante's Inferno and in it there were scriptures and had levels (circles of hell) that had ice instead of fire. I thought that was interesting. The circle someone was on depended on the sin and the punishment in hell corresponded to the sin on earth. Another thing I thought interesting was Hell had a vestibule where people who stood by and did nothing for others were. Just another personal interpretation of Hell but after reading it I got my self up and made some changes. I figure Hell is worse than any mortal man can think up and that scared me so I "cleaned house" so to speak! I do NOT want to go there no matter what it's like.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• When I think of Hell of course I think of the hellfire and the brimstone falling from the sky and consuming all this world and it's wickedness along with the wicked. I sometimes pictures Christ walking and as he steps flames come out and he cleanses the earth. But that is the norm for peple they are afriad of th pain of burning in the fire and how much it's goin to suck and hurt as their flesh drips off their bones and the smoke gets into their eyes and lungs. But that's gonna tickle compared to the REAL pain. The complete and total seperation from God is the real hell.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Stupid, Hell doesn't exist. :)
    Anonymous