appetite suppressants

I am looking for a good appetite suppressant. Serious answers only please. I know to eat right and exercise. My ability to work out is limited due to some medical issues. I am hungry all the time. I am looking for something to curve my appetite and my cravings. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I am going to be come a spokes person I sear!

Chitosan... made by GNC found @ rite aide... Its a natural fiber supplent, fills you up and flushes out the fat... its made from shell fish ( for algeries) it work wonderfully and it is natural!
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 2:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You should go to your doctor or a weight loss clinic for the safest appetite suppressant. Too many OTC diet pills get recalled for harming people, mostly because there are no real medical studies done on them. They haven't been approved by the FDA and some could contain harmful ingredients. Not saying the FDA makes all the best decisions, but look at all of the diet pills/appetite suppressants that have been recalled over the years. Good Luck.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My MIL used Alli and loved it. I don't know for sure exactly how it works but I know if you eat too much of I believe fat, you end up with diarrhea. LOL. I don't know much about it though b/c I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum and need to gain weight.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• eat all you want just change what you eat. Eat things high in protein but low in calories and fat grams. Lots of fruit and vegetables. I snack on steamed carrots and packaged precooked crabmeat. It's sweet and satisfies my sweet tooth cravings so I'm not munching on things bad for me. Drink lots of water. I also drink green tea. Change from white potatoes to sweet potatoes and from white bread to wheat bread. Little changes help. Cut out soft drinks if you drink them. Eat breakfast, that jump starts your metabolism. If you can lift a can of soup you can do weight training. I started with a can of soup in each hand lifting and building muscle mass which burns calories for you. If you can't grip then tape them to your hands. I do not advocate any appetite suppressant. I'm not a doctor but I have medical issues and still lost 50 lbs doing almost nothing strenuous. actually I'm very lazy and hard to motivate to exercise

Answer by admckenzie at 10:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Google "Bariatric doctors in (where you live)" and it should show you where some weight loss clinics are near or in your area. It costs $175 for 2 months supply of phentermine (appetite suppressant). It might be less or more where you live. They really do work and they make you lose anywhere from 5-10 lbs a month. Probably more if you're heavier. That's what I love about them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2009