is it possible to get pregnant even if i have only one ovary? I'm having a conservative treatment for endometriosis.

I had my laparotomy last March 2008, because of having 17cm ovarian teratoma. They remove my right ovary & fallopian tube. I just had an ultrasound this April 2009, and the result is I have an endometriosis and 1.8 cm cyst at my left ovary. My OB advice me to inject Zoladex for 3 months for my endometriosis, my last injection will be on June19,2009. i'm getting married this year, I'm hoping that I'm gonna concieve this year or next year, I'm turning 28 next year. I need an advice or someone who has the same situation. Thank you so much.

jayanne

Asked by jayanne at 8:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes. You only need one! GL
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Yes it is. You still have an egg produced every other month. Of course other conditions could inhibit conceiving than egg production, but if all else is well, then there is indeed hope. Talk with your gyn about this. I hope you feel much better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• yes, my sister did
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• no endo, but I have 1/8 an ovary. They told me that I would have to egg harvest and do in vitro. After breastfeeding I had 3 periods, and 1 time didn't worry about birth control because of my prognosis. I am 24 weeks pregnant.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• its very possible to get preggo with one ovary my best friend has less than that and she got preggo before me she come off her pills and within two weeks was preggo she didn't found out until a month later of course but the dr told her she conceived right away. The dr that messed her up wanted to remove everything and she was only 17 at the time. He said if she was a little bit older he would have done it without her or her mothers premission. She later changed dr and the one she is going to told her before she got preggo that she needed to keep copies of everything that was done because it wasn't necessary what the other dr done because she only had a cyst that could have been treated. He told her to keep copies incase she couldn't get preggo so she could sue him. She has half a ovary and has two beautiful daughters now
    Anonymous

• My DD had a cyst on her ovary. It was overtaking her whole ovary. She went in to have a Laproscopic, a DNC, Dye test to see if her fallopian tubes were open. The doc said she had an endometria on her ovary, her tubes are open, and that she had a pretty bad case of endometriosis in her womb. She and her husband want to have at least one child. He told her it is not impossible but not to wait because it will come back. I Will say a prayer for you/
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2009