SPREADING THE WORD OF GOD GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO CRITIZE PARENTING SKILLS??

I POSTED A QUESTION RECENTLY, "IS THIS NOT HATE?" I WAS REFERING TO THE HATE MAIL AND NUMEROUS INSULTS I RECEIVE FROM BEING A GAY ACTIVIST AND HAVING A GAY DAUGHTER. SOME CHRISTIANS CLAIMING THAT THEY DON'T HATE JUST BECAUSE THERE IS A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION. ANYWAY DURING THE COURSE OF THE COMMENTS, THERE WAS ONE WOMAN SPREADING HER GOSPEL, HER BELEIVES MUCH IN THE SAME MANNER OF THE HATE I WAS REFERING TO, AND IN THE PROCESS SHE ENDED UP DEVALUATING PARENTING SKILLS BECAUSE AS PARENTS WE HAD NOT TAUGHT OUR CHILDREN THE WAY OF THE LORD, THUS ALLOWING THEM TO BE GAY AND ACCEPTING IT. WHAT GIVES THIS WOMAN THE RIGHT TO CRITIZE ANYONES PARENTING SKILLS, BECAUSE THEY DON'T MOUNT UP TO HERS? BECAUSE SHE IS A CHRISTIAN AND FOLLOWS THE WORD TO THE LETTER MAKES HER A BETTER PARENT? AND EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT WRONG? IS THIS A GOOD WAY TO SPREAD THE WORD?

Asked by older at 8:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • No, it's not a god way to spread the word. Being rude and judgmental is a bad way to witness. Not all of us are like that. We are to hare the truth in love no with harsh judgments. The Bible teaches us not to use our righteousness as a cloak of maliciousness, but as servants of God. (2 Peter 2 :15,16) God's servants shouldn't go around criticizing another mom's parenting skills, especially someone they don't really know.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Honestly this is an open website anyone can and will respond no matter what the question is. The question you asked is a very touchy subject and you can't expect to not get some answers your not going to like. Was it right for her to insinuate things about your parenting. no. but unfourtunately thats how it goes on this site. Don't ask questions if you can't get past the bad responses you may get. Its all apart of this site there is always a person who has an opposing comment no matter what question you ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• ANON, YOU ARE RIGHT, I NEVER EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE BUT THE HATE IS WHAT GETS TO ME INVOKING JESUS IN THE PROCESS.

Answer by older at 9:17 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• She wasn't being hateful older. She was being truthful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• ANON, HER TRUTH IS NOT UNIVERSAL, JUST BECAUSE YOU BELEIVE A CERTAIN WAY DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO SAY YOU ARE ARE LESS OF A GOOD PARENT.

Answer by older at 9:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• but on the flip side, who are you to judge her by the way she believes? Freedom of speech thus freedom to believe how we want. You need to understand that this will ALWAYS be an argument and at a loss cause for either side to win
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• KSCMBZ, I DON'T JUDGE HER FOR WHAT SHE BELEIVES BUT SHE IS INFRINGES ON MY BELEIVES BY INSINUATING THAT MY PARENTING SKILLS ARE WRONG BECAUSE I DON'T FOLLOW HER VIEWS. IT IS NOT A MATTER OF WINING OR LOOSING, A LOT OF CHRISTIANS HAVE INSULTED ME FOR MY BELEIVES, I CAN SEE WITH DISAGREEING OR AGREEING TO DISAGREE BUT DON'T STEP ON MY TOES IN THE PROCESS.

Answer by older at 9:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Why not step on your toes? You step on ours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• It doesn't give anyone the right, but in this particular instance, it is a well known troll, so while it's still inexcusable, what more would you expect from someone like that? If anyone's parenting skills are in question, it would be the people who raised her.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• HOW DO I STEP ON YOURS??? BY STATING WHAT I BELEIVE IN AND TELLING YOU THAT YOUR TRUTH IS NOT MINE?

Answer by older at 9:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2009