can you lose some weight at 6 weeks of pregnancy?

cause im 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant and i lost 7 pounds. and is that normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it's not uncommon. have you had a lot of morning sickness? that probably contributed to your weight loss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• It depnds on how much you weigh. If you are overweight it's fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i had a little bit of morning sickness. but not that much tho.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I lost weight with all three of my pregnancies. I had terrible morning sickness with the first two and I couldn't eat any sweets or much in the way of junk, so my eating habits really improved. But for me it wasn't a big deal because I had the weight to lose.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I lost 20 pounds at the beggining of this pregnancy (I wasn't overweight). It's normal, more so if you have really bad morning sickness. Don't worry about it unless your doctor tells you to!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:44 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I'm going on 14 weeks and I've lost 7 pounds to date.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 10:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Well, most women don't even know they're pregnant yet. :-) My first, I lost about 10 pounds during the first trimester, largely due to morning sickness. This time around, I lost about four pounds during the same time but the bigger problem was I couldn't gain it back for weeks. Metabolism finally kicked in at about 13 weeks and we've been fine since then. My midwife says weight loss is really common, both because of morning sickness and because your metabolism is working so hard that calories don't have any time to stick around.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I am not over weight and because of my metabilism it is hard for me to gain! I lost 10 pounds in the first trimester. then it was really hard to actually gain weight! I haven't been doing as much around the house or the running around like I used to and now my doctor is finally happy I am gaining enough! I went from the beginning of my pregnancy with 129 lbs (after christmas) to 146 lbs now and I am in my 29th week! so head up it can all change!
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 10:20 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I have lost 2 pounds...maybe more because I haven't been able to eat much. I am on Phenergan to help and hopefully I don't have to go to the hospital for an IV. I was dehydrated at my appt on Weds. I asked about the weight loss and my dr isn't concerned. I could stand to lose quite a bit actually.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 10:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I lost some weight at the beginning of my pregnancy. I was not sick, I just couldn't eat. The baby was on my stomach and I got full fast. I didn't gain any weight, and then at the end of my pregnancy I ended up losing more weight because I got sick and couldn't keep anything down. My Dr. told me to be careful, and she checked the baby to make sure she was okay. As long as the baby is growing fine and you don't lose too much weight your Dr. probably won't make a deal out of it.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2009