Is it a fair observation to make that most non-vaccinating moms are also breastfeeders?

Or is that not right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would think that's fair. But it doesn't work the other way around--most BF moms vax.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Moms who choose not vaccinate would probably also lean more towards breastfeeding. But I agree with the PP. I breastfeed and also vaccinate.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I think that is probably more accurate than not. Of course there are exceptions. It's just that moms "obsessed" with doing what is absolutely best for their child would be more likely to breastfeed bc it's just a fact it is best and they are usually a little more natural living minded. I am not bashing them, I am one of them. And I go to every extreme to do what is healthiest for my kids including selective vaxing, co-sleeping, bf'ing, eating healthy and organic, use herbal medications when possible, stay at home mom, ect. Dh calls me a hippy, that's fine with me.
    Chick

Answer by Chick at 9:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Not necessarily. If you take the opposite of that, I bf both kids and I vaxed both kids. And some moms aren't able to bf, so vaxing has no correlation in that situation b/c it's out of the mom's control.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I BF and my son is vaxed.
    MoM.i.aM

Answer by MoM.i.aM at 10:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Id say it was a fair assumption and cloth diapering moms are more likely to breastfeed as well.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I also bf and my daughters are up to date on all vaccinations.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:36 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• okay she didn't say if you BF you don't vax.

To the OP that is a safe assumption that the majority of non vaxers bf. The majority of non vaxers also have intact sons. but is that to say that if you circed that you give vaxs. nope
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• No, it's more likely that someone who has read up on breastfeeding would also take the time to read up on vaccinating. But there is a healthy number of Formula feeding Moms who are also non vaccinating Moms.

To assume that BFing makes you more likely not to vaccinate takes out the human element. It's like saying drinking pop makes you more likely to be over weight. It's true for some but not for all.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 11:01 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• It's probably not a "fair" assumption...but....I breastfeed and I do not vax
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2009