Potty Training

My daughter will be 3 in July. I have not had any luck with potty training. She will do good for a few days then everything we had worked on goes to waste. The school where we live allows children to go to Preschool when they are 3. I am trying to get her potty trained before then but i dont know what to do to encourage her to use the potty. Anyone have any ideas?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 9:32 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 2 year old son is pt...i just did it. Throw away all diapers AND pull ups (they just confuse them) with her. Make sure she sees that you are done using them. And let her pick out some undies that she would like. Put her in the undies and JUST DO IT lol. Dont give up :)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i tried wat the abov mothr suggestd. the kid will hate the feeling of pee on themselves nd will eventually learn tht they can avoid this by peeing in the potty. it taks a lot of patience though bcuz for awhil u'll hav to wash their bottoms frequently but add stikers to it. wen they use the potty they get a sticker. rewards r always nice lol
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 1:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Is she using pull-ups? If so, they are glorified diapers! They confuse the children and allow them to keep on playing and not attend to their toileting needs. Put her in regular underpants so she feels the wetness and knows that she must go. Praise and reward her when she is successfull.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 7:32 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Try the 3 Day Potty Training method. I used it with my 2 and 1/2 year old son and it definately works. Actually everyone I know who used that method had success with it (as long as they followed the guidelines)
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• What is the 3 Day Potty Training method.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 10:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2009