How does God judge this?

If you spend your time nagging people and making them hate God simply out of association with your constant whining, how does He judge you for having pushed so many away from him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Good point. We were discussing this the other day. I have an Aunt and Uncle who are religious zealots. That's fine for them but they turn ppl away from God. If anyone sees them or hears they will be somewhere they will not go. They don't let ppl "come unto them" as Jesus did, they spew Bible verses at them and make people feel like crap. I happen to think God will hold them accountable for the souls they drove away from God. I also am concerned that they are so focused on chasing souls down for the Lord that they are not getting a good view of their own sins. (Aunt takes advantage of ppl and Uncle is the biggest braggart on the planet). So even with spewing scripture at others and Bible thumping folks, they too have their own sins from which they are not repenting. That is my observation, not another judgment and if it is I'll pray in a minute and get that one covered. Each day I get to start over and pray and try to do better

Answer by admckenzie at 10:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• ooooOOOOoooo.....burn! I think it works that way for every cause though. There are people who can take any cause waaaaaaay overboard.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:11 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• It's not nagging.

When you are spreading the gospel to people who have already heard it, it's nagging. There's not a single person over the age of 12 in the United States who hasn't already heard it repeatedly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Ask Him when you get there :)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I don't think it is the person talking about God's fault in this situation. Yea maybe they shouldn't talk about it so much out of respect, BUT its not their fault other people hate God because of their talking. I mean if I talk on & on about my DD all the time and someone decides they don't like little girls because they have heard me talk so much about them, does that make it my fault the person decided that? If they abuse a little girl and blame it on hating hearing me talk about girls, is that my fault too?

To me its the same thing. We each have the opportunity to make our own decisions and are responsible for our own actions. If one person decides they dislike something based on what they heard one person say, that is that persons fault - not the person who talked in the first place. If one person starts spewing hate about God after hearing about God repeatedly, that is a decision the person spewing hate makes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Addie, that was very well put. Have I told you lately that you rock?
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• :35 I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you, respectfully of course. I don't think people "decide" to dislike something. I don't think people have any control over their feelings. Their actions, yes, but not their feelings. I think it is possible to turn another person away from God simply by preaching at them too much, more so if it is a forced interaction between the two people (ex: coworkers, you can't get away from them!).

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Anon 1035. I disagree. God endows us with His living spirit and in that we are afforded PERSONAL convictions. It's truly an amazing relationship. But when people desire so much to make "more out of" that relationship rather than simply ASKING HIM for more, they begin to talk out of turn. It's wrong. It does turn people away and it hurts our fellow Christians. I think it's our duty to remind each other periodically to spend some time in quiet devotion rethinking if they are speaking in God's name or their own. We have to remember that we are here to spread LOVE. Do you know how I came back to God? Because I saw a light in someone that I WANTED. I craved and had been missing and I realized how much darkness there was in my life. We can't possibly show that to people if we are "trying too hard", kwim? True faith in Christ requires our faith that all will become as it should be in HIS own way.
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 10:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I have rarely seen a person who is simply spreading the gospel turn some one away from Him. And that is not the point of this question, IMHO. To me, this is directed at the hypocrites and the bigots. It's the constant, you are going to hell... when there is so much more to Him than the consequences. Telling nothing but the bad, and completely forgetting the God. Continuing to preach when someone has said "No, Thank you." Christians fighting amongst each other.... who is right, who is more right, who is wrong, who loves God more. Watching the extremest kill in the name of God while others say nothing, do nothing as to "not judge" and yet through their judgements at someone who is a little different. These are a turn off of the faith....and eventually a turn off from God.

I have seen precious few who just spread the Word. Who share His love with love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• ANON 10:53, I TOTALLY AGREE!

Answer by older at 11:01 AM on Jun. 13, 2009