What would you do?

I'm out with a group of friends. Some of them close friends, others are friends of friends, so I know them, but we aren't at all close. One of the friends of friends is wearing a tank top and I notice that she has huge clumps of deodorant in her armpits. I mean it's bad. A couple of times, clumps actually fell off. Like I said we aren't close at all, maybe have spoken like 3 words to each other. There are others there much closer to her than I am and I can't believe no one else didn't notice. What was the right way to handle this? I never had the chance to get her alone. Walking over and whispering her ear would have been awkward and draw attention. What would you have done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would have told one of the mutual friends so they could have told her. Oh, how awkward!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• who cares...as long as it doesn't fall in your food? at least she didn't stink?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I would have made an excuse to take her aside and told her. It is a group of people who know one another, a friendly group, and it didn't matter that you weren't her own good buddy. Since it was an embarrassing thing, I wouldn't ask another person to notice and to tell her, that would only increase the embarrassment. I would have said something quietly to her such as, you have something in your hair, would you come to the restroom with me and we'll get it out. Then I could have told her about the other problem in private. Keeping it light, smiling, making it just one of those things. Keep smiling gently. It isn't as though you are total strangers.

Answer by Bmat at 10:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I would have told her. I am the type of person that if something like that is wrong with me then please tell me, even if you are a stranger. So I try to politely tell people when I see something, and I have never had someone get mad. Most women are going to be grateful for you telling them. So next time just come up with a way to tell her privately.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• You did the right thing by not saying anything, like you said...you two don't even know each other. I would have thought one of her closer friends would have noticed and said something. If you would have been the one to say something she may have got offended coming from a friend now that's different. Now if it was toilet paper hanging out of her pants, then that's another story lol.
    Angeleyez08

Answer by Angeleyez08 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I would have tried to make an excuse to pull her aside to inform her.. if that wasn't possible, I would have tried to inform her friend to tell her..

if neither were a possibility, you did all you could do.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I would have said I had to use the bathroom, dragged one of my close friends with me and told her about it. Then she can either tell the girl or tell someone who's close to her lol. Unless I was drunk then I probably would have just told the girl myself haha.
    Anonymous