How do I publish a book

I'm interested in writing a book but don't really know the next step to getting it copied , published or whatever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Giiirrrrl. I have read every book on getting published...okay, A LOT of them anyway and it is a very complicated draw on process. Send me a PM and I will tell you what I do know and what your various options are! Thanks.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I published mine at www.lulu.com and it wasn't difficult or costly.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Some people have had luck getting their foot in the door by writing short stories or other short articles and publishing those themselves or getting them published in magazines and journals and even online, even without pay. Being established as a writer makes a difference. Find who the publisher is of books similar to yours, and write to them or look on their websites and ask about submitting your work to them. Some will take new writers, some won't. Getting an agent would help. Find agents in your area and ask for their suggestions and if they would be interested in taking you on as a client. Once again, someone who has already written and published will find it easier. Still, I understand that it is not unusual to submit many works and for several years and to get turned down. But if your dream is to write a book, then go for it! Perhaps at first you could write for your own pleasure.

Answer by Bmat at 10:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2009