help embarrased to ask

Hi. New to ivillage but need help with this...as a single mom I feel embarrassed to ask this but feel this is the only place to get honest answers from other moms...:)My 18 y.o. Alex came back yesterday after I left the house to go to work. (he is renting his first apartment and has keys to the house.) As it always happens when there are million things going on, I realized I had forgotten to grab a set of sheets that my sis wanted me to bring to her last night. When I went back home to get them, I went in the side door and started to go up the back stairs to get them. Well apparently Alex didn't know I came in, because he was getting ready to step into the shower and the bathroom door was wide open. s..He didn't see me since I was at the bottom of the steps, but as soonas as I noticed he was naked I DID catch myself looking at his penis for a few seconds!Anyone with boys when you've acccidently seen them did you look? -Jill

jillxpress

Asked by jillxpress at 11:00 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• You aren't serious about this loaded question, are you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• You know what? When we see a naked body, we're going to look. It's nature. Relax and don't worry about it. It's just that so much emphasis is put on our man and lady parts being private that when we do accidentally see someone naked we're curious and we look. Tell him to close the door next time, lol!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I DID catch myself looking at his penis for a few seconds! Maybe thats the part that gets me, and oh boy, you watch the answers come from this one

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I don't know what ivillage is, but it sounds like another website, and I suspect that this is a question that has been copied and pasted in more than one website.

Answer by Bmat at 11:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Ewwww! Why wouldn't you turn away instead of stare for a few seconds. What mother really wants to see what there son is packing when he's an adult! Just gross!
    Anonymous

• i dunno...i feel like you're joking...but it seems wrong either way.
    Anonymous

• This is the first time you have seen him naked? How did you change his diapers? Look - he is your child and at some point during his more adult years you might see him. It was more of a shock reaction than anything else. I saw my dad naked just a couple of years ago. That wasn't pleasant let me tell you! There are societies in the world were clothing is optional - for everyone. Just put it where it belongs.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Um... I accidentally saw my bro's package once when he was using the bathroom. I couldn't help but just freeeze for a couple of seconds b/c well its much diff from when we were kids and then well I went on with my life. Yes I did blush, but yup I look and froze. I think it was the shock.
    The occurance is no big deal. Obsessing on it would be.
    Anonymous

• My younger kids fuss at me when I check if a dog is a boy or a girl. It is just natural. Don't let it worry you. He probably looks like your husband did 20 yrs ago. Time sure flies by doesn't it.

Anonymous

• Lol was it like a train wreck?!?
    Anonymous