How can you blame someone else for not having faith? How can you be nagged away from your beliefs?

We are all responsible for our path in life. Yes there are some over zealous Christians online, but there are also over zealous atheist, pagans ect... I am sure we all met a person that wouldn't let it be when we said I am not interested. I can't tell you how many times I have had to tell off a JW or Mormon boy, but in the end it was my choice. I don't blame the door knocker for my choice to not join their church. It was my choice. I am also not naive enough to say those few door visitors represent the entire Christian faith. Look at all the lunch lines and charity events sponsored by churches. How can a another person nag you into a personal choice? Isn't that like saying you are not sound enough to learn on your own? Why can't a person be women enough to take responsibility for her choice? It is ok to judge the entire Christian faith on the few extremist but don't judge the entire muslim faith on the few extremist.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• NP---anyone who is "saved" does so by the grace of God not me.
    Anonymous

• I farted
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Whatever tickles your fancy
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• oh dear anon:28---you seem so uncomfortable with the owning your own feelings you have to resort to junior high comments. I am sorry for you dear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Isn't that like saying you are not sound enough to learn on your own?

No, it's saying they've made the idea so repulsive that people have no interest in learning more on their own. If ten racists ask me to join a group, even if there are 100 non-racists, why would I want to join a group that accepts and allows racists to speak on their behalf? There's no guarantee I'd get to only associate with the non-racists.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• NP what about the HUNDREDS of charity events the Christian Churches sponsor? You make the choice to ignore the good for the bad? Is there anything in life that is 100% good?

I can tell for a fact there is no guarantee I will only associate with non racist in the real world. Should I hide in a bubble and never live my life? should I let 10 people take away something from me? Did you come to the choice to not be a racist on YOUR own? Yet you can't come to the choice of God on your own?

You might try to fight it to make yourself feel better...you comparing a group of racist to the ENTIRE Christian faith is not accurate. Sorry dear but there are many colors in the Christian church.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• NP what about the HUNDREDS of charity events the Christian Churches sponsor?

What about them? You're trying to make this about emotion, it's about simple facts. When the negatives outnumber the positives, there is little incentive to do something. In this case, the negatives outnumber the positives exponentially. You have hate-spewing people harassing people to convert to the faith which uses a book filled with misogyny, bigotry and deceit. Crap dipped in honey is still crap. Now, if more people could behave themselves and actually be good like they claim the book says the should, the rest would be easier to swallow, but as a net total, the aggressive idiots are just the honey.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• NotPanicking- If ten racists ask me to join a group, even if there are 100 non-racists, why would I want to join
    Interesting you should bring up racist. years ago the KKK came into town. The entire city was irritated these group of hate was even allowed to act on their first amendment rights. I was watching all this hate against another group we all thought was so repulise we had no interest in learning more about them. Such as why the hate. I put my personal issues aside and tuned into their speech. I was mature enough to digest the information I was the brown face in the crowd of white faces. I know why I will not assocaite with this group because of my OWN information not what they fed me. Not what I heard on the street. I put aside my repulsion and learned on my own. THAT IS WHAT BEIING SOUND ENOUGH TO LEARN ON YOUR OWN IS ABOUT!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• negatives outnumber the positives,

the negatives don't outnumber the positives, but the only way you would know this is to put your repulsion aside and learn this on your own. YOU made the choice, not that I say your choice is wrong for you, but you made the choice to stay away from the Christian church--a Christian did not make it for you. If you allow a Christian to have this much power over you it makes you a very weak person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• THAT IS WHAT BEIING SOUND ENOUGH TO LEARN ON YOUR OWN IS ABOUT!!!!

Sweetie, there's this button on your keyboard called a caps lock key. Turn it off, it makes you look bad.
    You have one basic disconnect here. You assume there is a good reason to learn more. And the fact is, there isn't. There is no compelling life or death reason to learn more about Christianity. The only reason is if someone makes it appealing enough to interest you. You chose to learn more about the klan, good for you. You didn't have to. You wouldn't die tomorrow if you never had. Same is true for Christianity, or how to play bridge, or embroidery. The hate spewers make it not interesting. They are also the only ones in the situation who care about their definition of having faith (newsflash - millions and millions of people have faith without being Christian, they're called Jews, Muslims, Pagans, Heathens, Hindus, etc)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2009