What did you do to "put yourself in labor"?/ What were you doing when you went into labor or in the hours before hand?

By this I mean...

Were you doing a certain activity and went into labor?
Were you trying a natural induction method and went into labor?
etc.

Are there any natural induction methods with a high rate of effectivness?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was having sex as often as possible and walking all over our house... up and down our 3 flights of stairs and going in circles the entire time. Started my labor then found she was breech and had a c-section instead.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• LOL both times my water broke I was asleep 30 minutes prior.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• SEX!!!! My MIL SWEARS that drinking castor oil put her in labor with her oldest son. I don't have much faith in that, seems to me all it would do would give you the squirts, as if you're not miserable enough already.

Honestly, the baby will come when he or she is ready!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i was walking on the treadmill and felt myself having contraction and stayed on it anyways and the contractions never stopped!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 12:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I had sex, but i was already 3 days over due, it worked. good luck
    Anonymous

• I was patiently waiting until my kids were ready to be born, and they came on their own.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• We were doing what we love to do...walking around a outdoor flea market..lol!
    Dannimomofthree

Answer by Dannimomofthree at 12:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I mowed the lawn about 2 days before..I had my DD the day before my due date so might just be a coincidence.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My first I was asleep and contractions started about 15 min after I woke up. My second, I was nine days past due and had NO signs of labor. The ninth night, we went to hang out with my hubby (he was working late) to show our oldest how he loads trains with corn. The room we were sitting in shakes just a little and two hours later I was in hard core labor! lol
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• lemme just note I will NEVER do that again (induce myself). I was in a lot of pain, but..well...i'm sure it would have been painful nonetheless LOL. I was close to 41 weeks and my dr. was going to schedule an induction if I "wasnt in labor by then". I spent most of the day massaging the tops of my ankles on and off throughout the day. this is reflexology. massaging/putting pressure on a certain area can reduce ailment of another area. the ankles are connected to the uterus area. well after a few hours I had loose bowels. later on that evening SO and I had sex. kinda rough sex. I ended up spotting heavily and suddenly had terrible contraction pain from the back. SO took us to the hospital a few hours later. the dr. gave me petocin to help speed things up. I was still only 1 cm! after the epidural my son heart rate dropped so I had an emergency c section
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2009