Breast Abscess and nursing question....

I've been struggling with feeling run down shortly after i had my baby 3 months ago. I've had mastitis a couple times, full blown too, however the breastfeeding clinic i talked to last week said maybe it has never fully gone away, and the nurse said maybe i have a breast abscess. I do get pain and lump only in the one breast. I've thought about stopping nursing from beings so run down, but on the brighter side, if the doctors figure this out asap i will definitely continue nursing my baby. ... For the ones who know what i have been going through, will understand all about this when they read it...

My question is, has anyone had a breast abscess while nursing? If so, did you have it drained the same day of diagnosis? If i went and got it checked today, would they test it today by U/S, being Saturday? Or wait and book me in for Monday for U/S ..? Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks ladies!

LilStar9905

Asked by LilStar9905 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Health

• ive had a abcess where they cut you but never on my breast i know i had to have it drained and take meds for 10 i would talk to your doctore about it
    Anonymous