how do you know when its really depression or just something you can work thru on your own?

i've been a sahm for the past year now. i just recently weaned my DD cold turkey and since then i've been short tempered, crabby, unhappy and generally can't stand being around my children. i know hormones go crazy then but i don't want to chalk it up to depression quite yet because 1) i don' t have insurance and can't afford medication and dr appts 2) my DH thinks depression isn't real and if you are your just psychotic. how do i know when i can't keep trying to work past it myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Health

• If it is something that you are struggling with on a daily basis then you need to seek help. I have been on Cymbalta for years and it really has helped me. Depression is a real issue and very serious. There are discount cards that are very affordable that could help you save on your prescriptions. My card has helped me save $300 dollars on my prescriptions. You can take a look at the different plans we have www.medicaldentaldiscounts.com Don't go unseen because you don't have insurance. There are alternative plans out there for everyone to afford and still get covered.

Nurse
    Overview: 616-712-1741
    www.workbenefitsfromhome.com

freeathome

Answer by freeathome at 6:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• If the depression is affecting your daily life, then it is a problem that you need help with. From what you have said, it seems to be doing that and your husbands attitude isn't helping the situation either. There are plenty of places that offer care on a sliding scale fee for those that don't have insurance or have losy insurance. If there is one in your area, try Children's Service Society (they help adults too. ) They are an agency that works on a sliding scale fee for counseling and for medication. You could also try a college psychology or human services departments.Best of luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2009