If you had an anmio and it came back postive for trisomy 18 or 13 or another fatal condition would you abort or carry to term knowing you would have a still born?

just in case your wondering NO im not in this situatuion just curious

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would abort..sorry if you don't like my answer.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• If i new for sure that the baby could not live outside the womb, there was no chance at all, then I would abort.
    Anonymous

• I would never have an amnio anyways, it carries too many risks on its own. And if by some really weird chance I knew ahead of time about a genetic disorder, I still would probably not abort. I am completely pro-choice, FYI. That would be mine.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I'm not really sure what I would do. I guess no one can really say for sure unless they are put in that situation but I guess I would probably not abort. If the child would die anyways, I would let he/she die naturally...not by me causing the death.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I think the natural death for those disorders is painful.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• If it is a going to be a still born then is it really an abortion?
    yes, I would abort. I couldn't go all those months knowing how it's going to end, knowing that I would have a dead baby. It would be too depressing for me to even feel it move while it was alive.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 12:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• NO i would enjoy every minuet that shes still here and let god take her the way god intended too not try and play god myself
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't have the amnio anyway, but no I would not abort. It is not up to me if and when my children perish. I am to give them the best chance at life. Also I have seen those tests be wrong.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Ditto Wendy word-for-word: I'd never have an amnio, I wouldn't abort, and I'm pro-choice.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't abort.
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2009