Do all babies cry in their sleep?

This morning our 9 m/o was next to us in bed, when we heard him crying. When we looked, he was completely asleep! Is this normal? What could cause that? A bad dream or something? We woke him up and he stopped crying.

Joylynn77

Asked by Joylynn77 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yea my son whimpers in his sleep sometimes, its weird but normal
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• my kid wakes up in a full scream/cry. i have to go get him. rarely will he ever just fall back asleep. i've learned it's either nightmares or growing pains. i hope that's all. :/
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 12:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My little girl does that, and it's really cute to watch her. She also laughs and smiles too. The only thing I find creepy is that when she's dreaming she opens her eyes and looks around, occasionally it looks like she's wide awake. I just hope that doesn't continue as she gets older - the sleeping with her eyes open.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 12:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• my6 dd does the same thing as the baby above. it's perfectly normal. i only get worried wen my toddler wakes up screaming and cryn. buta little wimper is very normal.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 1:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• my son has been doing that since he was born. We just call it bad dreams, he sounds like he is sad or scared.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2009