Can I highlight my hair during pregnancy?

I'm about 7 weeks pregnant and I have an itch to get some blonde highlights! Just wondering if it's generally safe to do.
Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Coming from a licensed Cosmetologist, It is perfectly OK. Full color.....as in all over color touching your scalp is off limits. Highlights on the other hand are safe. The color is contained inside the folis(or papers if your stylist uses them), therefore.....it never touched your scalp......meaning it doesnt effect you. You may however want to wear a mask and cover your mouth and nose with a towel (even though you are wearing the mask....do both to be sure)....Just to make sure you dont breath in the chemicals of the everyday salon. And my advice would be to use those precautions even when you get a cut.....just to be on the safe side. Have fun and get those highlights!!! it's summer time for goodness sakes!!!
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 4:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i personally wouldn't do it, but i know my best friend did it and her baby is fine! its completely up to you
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i wouldnt..ive heard youre not suposed to. why take the risk if you dont HAVE to
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. It's probably just a myth, but why take the chance when it's your little baby. I stayed away from highlights when I was pregnant. I just wouldn't risk it.
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 4:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2009