Lazy Eye?

I am babysitting a 2 1/2 y/o boy. I noticed that when he was looking at the tv, one eye was on the tv and one eye was on me. Then I noticed that when he would look straight at me (close range) his left eye would fall to the left while the right eye would stay focused on me...Is this just a lazy eye or could there be something else wrong?

2wndrfl_btrflys

Asked by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It could be a lazy eye. "just" a lazy eye is still a big deal. An untreated lazy eye could eventually lead to blindness in that eye. I would mention it to his parents, and hopefully they will go and get him checked out. My 8 yr old was diagnosed with lazy eye last yr, and it can be corrected with proper glasses and/or patching therapy.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I did some research on lazy eyes and thank you tropicalmama, i did not know it was a serious condition. I thought it was common. Now I see it is more serious. Thanks
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 1:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2009