anyone make a bird feeder from a milk jug?

well I got me a huge collection of milk jugs and finally got some dowel rods! after looking at photos on google images I didnt find many that were painted except for the one or two painted branches or the clubhouse look lol. silly question, but would it be ok to paint it as I want? or would that keep the birds away (like if I was to use bright colors or whatever...)? thanks in advance!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• as long as there is food in it and no animals painted on them anything should be ok, although we put bird feeders out and we get more squirrles than birds.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 1:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• yeah the tree I'd like to put one on, which has a lot of activity would most likely be taken over my squirrels because they have a few homes on the tree lol. but since I have more than one jug to work with I'll probably scatter them around the yard. yeah I wouldnt paint a cat or anything on it lol, just solid colors, maybe a funky design....
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Birds are one of the only animals that see in color, tho I doubt any certain color would scare them off, it might better catch their attention.
    Anonymous