totally confused and don't know what to do

me and my babby's daddy have lived seperate for quite some time now. I am 7 months pregnant and we had tried to work things out off and on in the time that I have been living somewhere else. Now I had told him not to text or call me unless it is a question about our son. that was not even a week ago. a few days after that I get a text asking if I got what I needed on assistance and i told him yes everything was fine. next day he asks what I will be doing all day. ok what does that have to do with our son? now he is telling me he doesn't miss me but cant not text me for more then 24 hours. do you think he really doesn't miss me or trying to be matcho? the problem is I still care for this man.

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 1:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I would think that you would want to work things out with him. I don't understand why you told him not to contact you, since that would be a big hindrance to working things out with him. I suggest that you try seeing him as a friend, because you will at least have to maintain that kind of relationship with him in the future. See him with the intent of keeping sex out of the equation. Use the time between now and the birth of your child to see if there might be the makings of a marriage between the two of you. Find out if you like him as a person, as a man. Is he honorable, trustworthy? Is he someone you would leave your child with? Is he interested in committing to you in marriage and making a home for your child? If it turns out that he is husband material, marry him, if he asks you. If it turns out that he isn't, then you will at least know that, and you can learn to be content being a single mom.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• you will always continue to care no matter what happens between the both of u. you are pregnant and the man is being a man as well as being concerned. let him in and help out. u do not have to go back to being with him but if he is showing concern, trust me, let him help the best way he knows how. men have a skrewed up way of expressing sympathy and empathy. i wish my kids fathers would have been there for me and woulda helped me when i needed it the most during pregnancy and delivery, but because i was being an ass, i pushed them away for good. i regret that.
    FoxySmile

Answer by FoxySmile at 2:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• he is still on the records of being there for delivery and maybe I am hoping that he still has feelings for me and comes back. thats what I would really like would be my little family back together. man woman kid and dog.
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 2:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• it will take patience, whatever happend between you two he is hurt as well as you are, but if he is showing concern be nice if you want him around. and he may or may not want what you want. just dont push him, if he wants to come back he will, lol just be nice. these times are rough for the both of you, with u being pregers and all. just relax and talk to him and things will work out for the best however that may be.
    FoxySmile

Answer by FoxySmile at 2:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• well if you really want him back than I suggest that you dont play "hard to get" telling him not to text you unless it involves your son is kinda bitchy in my opinion, especially if deep down you want your happy family together again. just be honest with yourself and go with the flow
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• anon 3:42 I would say you a offending me only because I have to live off of the state at the moment? I have been looking for jobs but being 7 months along and showing it is very hard to find something. that I have to say is a very inapropriate answer from you.
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 4:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• it's a control thing. The more he texts you the more he gets to stay in your business (like what are you going to do all day?) and try to stay in your life and control. Don't respond to the ones that don't pertain to your son. He'll get the picture.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i think he does care for yu but hes just not showing giv him some time he wil start to miss then hewant quit texting you i would get back with him if iwas you your gonna need his help
    rhondarktrnd01

Answer by rhondarktrnd01 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• well looks like he wants to play rough! he is going to on a date tonight to the bar I told him to please stay away from cause I was going there! I already have someone lined up and I am going to show off my belly and myself. noone can look as good as a hot pregnant woman.
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 5:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• NannyB I will take your advice and I will think about those questions you just asked me! some I honestly already can say dont know to and last year we were even about to sign the papers but then the flood hit in cedar rapids Iowa and the courthouse was under water. now everything has gone to the dumps. I told him to leave me alone so I would have time to think about my feelings and not have my heart torn out every time! looks like it is happening again too
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 6:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2009