my poor baby has to get help to go poop :( help please!

i changed her formula to similac advance the soy , she was on the similac sensitive, she is almost done with the soy milk can and i see no succes with the difference that she cries at least 2 times a day that she wants to poop, it just breaks my heart and i just dont know what formula give her, anyone had succes with anything that is not karo or juice? she is 3 weeks old

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 1:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sugar water always helped with us. My son had the same trouble for 5 weeks, then we switched to Enfamil Gentlease, and he never had a problem after that. At about 5 months we switched him back to Enfamil Lipil and at 9 months is doing great!
    Anonymous

• i say ask her pedi. there are so many different formula options out there that ther must be one out there for her. since she's so young i don't want to give you the same solution as a one year old. but keep watch of her bowel movements and make sure it's not hard and dry. if it is make sure u take her to the doc asap. in the mean while u may have to stick ur finger in there to help her. i know it's nasty but my parents said they had to do it for me lol.
    Anonymous

• but what if im on the wic program and they dont give enfamil? is there any other brand? i still will need a prescription so i can get it from wic if it is other than similac brand or enfamil
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 1:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i say switch to Enfamil Lipil, it's better than the other formula's. i agree with the pp, sugar water helps. sugar is a kind of laxitive. it's normal for them to look like they're straining to poop, but actling like in pain isn't normal. i'd also ask the doctor. they may be able to give you something else. GL
    Anonymous

• If you go in to the doctor and get a perscription for Enfamil, WIC should give it to you.
    Anonymous

• they prescribed her with it and the lady from wic showed me a brochure they have for milk options and enfamil is crossed off :( and what is the difference on enfamil formula?
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 2:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• glycerin suppositories work if its bad. my dd was on soy and she was constipated BAD, so the doc. put her on Nutramigen with Enflora, so far so good, but i think she hates the taste....she's not eating like she used to :(
    Anonymous

• thats really werid my wic office lets me have enfamil for my son!
    bittersweetqt

Answer by bittersweetqt at 4:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• really? that is weird then they told me they used to give enfamil before but not anymore
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 4:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I personally wouldn't continue to switch formulas without involving the doctor. It takes a few days to get into and out of the baby's system. It's not as easy as "trial and error", and you might want to give it some time before changing again, with your doctor's help. Also, talk to your doctor about what to use for the constipation. Good luck and I hope this helps! PS-Every baby is different, so what works for one, won't necessarity work for another. JMO.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2009