Wine and religion...

I find I see a lot of people claiming their religion is the only truth.. and although that may be true on a personal note.. it's not so on a international level..

Look at religion like a fine wine.. you may love a nice dry glass of red wine... and if may be the most favorable of all the rest.. but there are some that prefer the white wine.. and some that don't care for wine at all.. you can't judge someone elses taste of the wine.. because everyone's tastes are unique. You may have some people that have taste that is similar to yours.. but does that make your wine the true wine? No. Why is religion any different? Please explain.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 1:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that is a great analagy that probably works well for someon who believe that all roads lead to one place. Everything is basically the same, just with different characteristics and flavor.

I don't believe that all religions are essentially the same. I would say that instead of wine, let's go over to the juice isle, LOL. On the juice isle you will see bottles that have very different descriptions of what makes up their juice. You have juice that is 100 % juice, no sugar added, organic, etc. Then you have you juice that is 10% real juice. Then you have your coctail juices that have no real juice and it is artificial flavors and high fructose corn syrup.

They are all called juice, but not all of them are the real deal. Some have a little bit of the real thing but a lot of other garbage. Each person may pick what tastes best, but some people pick what they think is the most "real".
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Ahhh I love the way you said that.... :)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• thank you gmasboy.. how are you doing? I haven't seen you on lately.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• So very well put.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I see a lot of Christians say there are different paths to salvation and lot of respectful Christians. I guess it is all in the way you see your wine.
    Anonymous

• I think that's a good analogy.
    Well said.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Oh, and I don't think religion is any different. A person's faith is very personal, and not everyone is made to fit the same religious box. We have to find the path that works best for us, and we have to respect that others know better than we do when it comes to which path is best for them.
    Different people have different needs, different ways of looking at things, and different ways of expressing their spirituality. We shouldn't try to insist that they fit our standards/mold when they know better than we what works best for them.
    Like you said, everyone's' tastes are unique.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I hope that didn't sound rude : )

I just love analogies, and the grocery store inspired me, LOL.

You know what I believe anyways.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• lol, I didn't think your response was rude, Cinnamon-mom.
    As a matter of fact, even though I'm one of those who believes all paths lead to the same place, I liked your response as well, and I think its a great way of describing how those who DO believe that there is one "true" (or real) path see it.
    It was quite clever and it made me smile.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• hazeldove, I absolutely love what you said, and I don't think any more needs to be added to it!!

Cinnamon-mom - that was wonderfully said - I love juice, so that really made me smile!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2009