Why, on a family/child friendly forum of "moms" do people put sexually alluring signatures?

I find this offenseive personally, though I deal with it. And my opinion is that this is not a sexual or dating sight but supposed to be regarding moms and therefore ABOUT children. So Why do people find it appropriate to use such signatures?
I don't mean this offensive just wondering people's thought process on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I dont have sexual signature
    BUT some of these moms are bi or les. nothing wrong with that. AND some of these moms still feel great about themselves
    And just because this is a site for moms does not mean that everything we do here is ABOUT children. We have to have our own escape too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• well i can speak for myself. i try to keep things clean as possible, when it comes to my kids and i mixing together on a page such as this. i like all music, its a way to express self. so my playlist does not have to be played if u dont like it but there are some good tracks on it as well though. but my language is clean on my page here. now when it comes to myspace, lol, thats a diffrent story, thats all mine and i can say and do as i wish there. now y people do what they do, its all different personalities and it is their way of expressing self. i myself would not go on myspace with a pic of my kids saying something sexual to a gy on there, thats nuts. but i no people who do it. all i can say is leave it alone. let them be and say what they like and do things how they want. they are who they are and it will never change.
    FoxySmile

Answer by FoxySmile at 2:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I think its because cafemom is about being a mom and also therefore a woman. And women for the most part whether or not we're married, like sex or at least have have experiences in it that have affected our lives.

Because of that we speak with pride or with thoughts to guide others where we've had not good experiences in sex. I've come across some wild screen names but the moms behind them have good souls and helpful life experiences for alot of us from their own lives in so many different ways.
    Anonymous

• Good question. Really. I have to agree with you.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Obviously everything that we do here isn't about children. But this isn't myspace. We are all women here, so there is no reason to appear so sexually charged. There are no men here to attract.

I believe that was the OP's point. That we have a place where we can be people and not just objects of desire, so why would you choose to make yourself a sex object in the one place where you can escape that kind of thing?
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I agree, and that's why I've turned off the option to see siggy's altogether. If I can't see them, then they don't bother me. If you don't want your family or children to see them, then you can turn off the option of seeing them under your privacy settings and just set it to not see signatures.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• They do it because they like to think of themselves as "MILF's"... LOL.
    I hate that term, personally, but some women like it.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I could cheerfully go off on a dissertation about how women these days only value themselves as far as they are viewed as "sexy" and tie it to the lack of modern morality and the prevelance of teen pregnancy and acceptability of "hooking up" but I get tired of typing the same thing over and over. lol

Suffice it to say that you're not alone in thinking that those siggies are silly on an all-female site.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I dunno but have you ever noticed how most of them look nothing like their siggy?
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I don't know but have you ever noticed that this is not a site for children to begin with, it is for adults. Female adults, mothers, but not children.

If there is something that offensive, then report it to admin. That's the only way anything gets done around here since there are no moderators to take care of things. We are self-policing.
    Anonymous