I'm not TTC but...

figured I could get better answers here..

My nipples have been leaking milk now for the past week. It's really irritating.

I have no idea why, or how to get it to stop.

If I don't try to express milk out of them, then it just squirts out. It's very annoying.

I breastfed my son who's 22mo until he was 15 mo. old, I never really stopped lactating, just a little squirt every now and then, but not this extreme leakage all over the place.

Any advice for how to get it to dry up? Or any reason why I'm lactating?

Not taking any medications, been on my birth control since last August, and -hopefully- not pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• They have medications to help you dry up, also just putting tight pressure on them helped me. I sometimes get a little wet but nothing extreme like you are talking about.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Well i had the same problem when i stopped breastfeeding my kids. If u do not wish to share your milk any longer and dry it up this is what helped me. get some of those really good breast pads for me the lanso something forget what the name is but its sold just about anywhere and they work perfect, they have a slew of products, it comes in a purple package. anyway, one of two things u can do is use those with a sports bra and just let your breasts stop on its own, or use the ace bandage. keep clean and change often. they will engorge but at some point the milk supply will shut down. u will have to express the milk that has built up but after that u should be fine. the pain is crazy but it wont be forever. if u continue to leak then u can call ur midwife. i hope that helps, it helped me each time.
    FoxySmile

Answer by FoxySmile at 2:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• wear a good supportive bra with breast pads. Try to stay away from nipple stimulation for a bit. I would talk to my doctor and rule out possible pregnancy before taking anything that's just me.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• But why would I stop leaking and then start back up again full force FoxySmile??

And I'm not due to get my period for another 9 days.
    Anonymous