There has to be more to life than this.......

Does anybody else ever feel this way? I am SAHM to 3.5 year old and I feel like this alot! I feel like I do the same thing all the time. I do go to the gym and she goes to a day camp one morning a week. So we do get out of the house. So why do I still feel this way? How do I get past it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I feel the same way. I love getting to spend so much time with my son, but I feel like life is just passing me by....
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Maybe you need to get out and get a job. That's what made me feel better. I had basically no social interaction with adults, and once I got out and got a job, it really helped me. I work nights while my husband works days. I don't bring in a whole lot of money, but that bit does help me feel like I'm doing more to help my family.
    Anonymous

• Ha Ha. That is your next 17 years Hon. Yes, it's called being a mom. The feeling never goes away, even when they are adults. Sorry to say, you are always responsible and never have a life of your own until they move out.. and even then, sometimes not... sigh..............
    Anonymous

• i feel the same way! especially these past few months when my car was in the shop. I depended on SO to drive but he usually only wanted to go to the grocery store and thats it (and that was a trip to disneyland for a while lol). now that I have my car back I have been going to the park a lot and will be hitting the library for playgroups once again. thats my life pretty much. no one calls me or invites me out, so it's pretty much SO and our lil guy!
    Anonymous

• I think it's cause dd isn't a baby any more consumer every breath of yours although she does require a ton of care for centuries to come!! Being a mom never never ends. There's nothing wrong with feeling that way. Can you join library groups (FREE!!!) with her to be with other moms and their little ones. What about a part time job or volunteer work? Can some one watch her for you so you can get a job or do volunteer work? At the very least public libraries (and you're not limited to your closest library) and also retail bookstores have Great GREAT free mother child activities!! If timing is right for a paying job is there a church you can be active in with weekday women's activities and Sundays too? Some moms are better moms working, some are better staying at home til kids way more grown. We're all good no matter which way we're moms!!!!
    Anonymous

• Motherhood, gotta love it. There are days I feel the same way!!! But you have to remember, you are raising a little girl who will be a productive member of society and as mundane as that seems sometimes, in the long run it is truely rewarding!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I know how you feel... I get like that too. What makes me feel better is getting out and doing something I'm passionate about, or helping others. Then I feel like I did something with my day, y'know??
    But also...to give you some encouragement... Rememeber that you have the most important job right now. You are raising an individual person to be a healthy, happy, citizen of the human race. I don't know if you're Christian, but I am..and when I feel bored about being a mommy, I just remember that I am supposed to be mothering my children in a way that brings Glory to God...and THAT is a tall order! :)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• What do you think there is that you're missing out on? Skydiving, rock climbing, exploring new regions? what is it that you're missing in your life? How getting a hobby that you would love doing. Being a mom is very important. You are a teacher, a mentor, a cook , and you do a lot of things that are very important to shaping your children's lives. What more should there be in your life? You are a very important person. DON'T FORGET THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• try connecting with other moms. Its hard to be alone with children all day long. Women need women :) the adult conversations kwim? Set up some play dates or join some mommy groups :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Maybe you should get to know some other moms that have children the age of your LO.
    nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 3:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2009