Do fish play with each other?

Or is all their swimming aimless?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pets

• I think that fish are like any other animal including humans. Yes they play. Games like tag and chase. Those are games of survival. How to now get caught , and to avoid the enemy.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I watch my fish and there is no way of actually knowing for certain whether it is a "game" they are playing but they do sometimes appear to play tag and chase each other back and forth in my tank. They dont swim aimlessly either. Fish are smart believe it or not, my fish know when I'm home as soon as I walk past their tank they all zoom to the front and try to get my attention(for food lol).
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 3:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i think they do,fish are a lot smarter then people think. i had a big fish one time that would do tricks. he would jump half way out of his tank and snach a treat from my hand. or he would swim up to the air hose then right before he got to it he would flip upside down and go behind it then flip back over. he was pretty smart.
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 8:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• i think some do. we had two cooley loaches growing up and they chased each other all over the bottom of the fish tank. plus we had discus, and we could just sort of tell when they were chasing for fun or to be mean. we had 4, and they definitely had personalities. we also had a black knife ghost fish who was a practical joker- he'd spit water out of his tank when it was time to eat! like clockwork, too. he was pretty awesome!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2009