Do you or have you worked in a call center ??

Do you or have you worked in a call center ?? I work in one and I am so bored today...

JaceyandIndi

Asked by JaceyandIndi at 2:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• God yes. And I will never, ever do it again, as long as I live. It sucked!
    Anonymous

• LOL.. I work for WOW internet cable and phone.. its boring today -
    JaceyandIndi

Answer by JaceyandIndi at 2:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Yes, it was like a soap opera working there. We called it "As the Phone Rings" lol.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• LOL LolosMom.. thats a good one.. keep that in mind..
    JaceyandIndi

Answer by JaceyandIndi at 2:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I worked in one for about 18 mos && won't do it again, unless absolutely necessary. lol 40 women trapped in an office, upstairs in a warehouse, with no windows, raging hormones, && angry customers. yeah it was super fun...
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• The jobs I have had working on the phone:

I have worked as a telemarketer selling phone service
    I have worked as a market researcher doing surveys
    I worked for DirecTV taking calls for customer service
    and I worked at an answering service.

The worst was the telemarketing job. I will never, ever do that again.
    The best pay was both the market research and DirecTV. But I hated both.

The best job though was the answering service. I had a blast working with the other people there and the job was interesting. We dispatched for a security company, and for a trucking company and it was a lot of fun chatting with those guys. Of course, we had lots of doctors as clients so we got to hear about some strange things. The worst clients were the real estate agents. They were real jerks followed at a close second by the doctors. If I just had to go back to work right now, I would be willing to go back to an answering service.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• We work in building with about 100 ppl... open 24/7 .. blah.. customers get angry. Anyone have WOW services ?
    JaceyandIndi

Answer by JaceyandIndi at 3:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Yes I used to work in a call center for an alarm company. Now I work from home and love it! I have been working from home for 12 months now and wouldn't trade it for the world. Never bored, always talking and meeting new poeple!

freeathome

Answer by freeathome at 6:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I worked in an Unemployment Call Center, not fun!! In Wisconsin, all unemployment apps are taken over the phone, we would get 100's of calls a day and most of the people were rude and nasty. I would never do it again.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I worked for a carpet cleaning company as an appointment setter Ugh!! I got all the people that had complaints. The company had a policy of no strong perfumes, one women insisted on using a hand lotion that permeated the whole room. My allergies caused me to loose my voice and it was requested that the company and I part ways as friends. The woman was one of their Top appointment setters and I was the newbie.

.bad

jen4roses

Answer by jen4roses at 12:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2009