Pregnancy- Dry skin!!!

I am 5 months pregnant, about a month ago I started getting really dry skin. My scalp is really dry.. I switched to Aveeno shampoo and conditioner but it is still dry!!! Any idea's how to fix this???

shiningstar790

Asked by shiningstar790 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tea tree oil. Or even olive oil. Massage some into your scalp and let it sit for a few minutes. You can also use egg yolks or avocados or even mayo to help moisturize.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 3:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Drink LOTS of water. Other than that there's no sure fire way to fix it. Dry skin can be a part of pregnancy...it's all up to your hormones. Good luck and I hope you can find some relief.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 3:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I've heard distilled white vinegar works well for dry scalp...obviously you would wash your hair with regular shampoo and conditioner after using it. And olive oil is really great for dry skin. It has worked well for my daughter, it doesn't leave your skin all oily either. It's worth a try if nothing else works for you!
    Anonymous

• I was just the opposite. I kept greasy hair no matter how mant times i showered... it sucked!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 3:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• there is a shampoo called t-gel it's medicated by neutrogena does'nt smell all that great but it helps.
    sld28881

Answer by sld28881 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Had the same problem throughout first 2 trimesters. It was horrible! I used a lot of lotion and epsom salt in bath water. Mineral oil also helped. Problem seems to have imroved in 3rd trimester, even with hot weather. Good luck!
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 4:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I have this problem too! My face is so dry it's flaking! I have to use serious moisturizer to help.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 4:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• try aloe vero lotion arelubriderm lotion they are both fro dry even lufa soap that works to
    rhondarktrnd01

Answer by rhondarktrnd01 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2009