how many of you actually looked into THIRD PARTY Candidates during the last Election?

How many of you actually looked into THIRD PARTY Candidates during the last Election? Did you bother to check out everyone who was running instead of simply voting for Obama or McCain because they were running in the two popular parties?

I ask this because I'm sick of all the bitching and moaning from both people who voted for him and those who didn't. There were more than TWO people running, you know.

Next time, instead of letting the Democratic or Republican parties continue running our Country into the ground and dividing all of us, you might just want to vote Third Party- that would be REAL change.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 3:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• F- Yeah girl! Thank you for bringing this up! : ) I campaigned for Ron Paul during the primaries in hopes of securing a republican nomination when Ron Paul is, in fact, a libertarian, and voted for Ralph Nader, even though Paul endorsed Baldwin (of the Constitutionalists party) because I disagreed with Baldwin on several subjects. You are right, a third party president would be the real change we all need. The last time an Independent or third party president won by a landslid was Washington.... sad sad sad. He even said himself that we must beware a two party system, for that is the true death of democracy.

lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Not only did I look into a third party candidate, I voted for one.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Good, valid point IhartU. It's sad that people just think there are two parties. It's also very sad that they think Obama is responsible for all that is going on. I think they didn't pay attention very well in school, or that they are just plain ignorant.
    Anonymous

• I looked, but honestly wasn't impressed with the choices I has here. One of the major problems with the system is a lack of consistency. Every state's ballot has the Democratic candidate and Republican candidate. The rest of the candidates vary and there just aren't strong candidates. That is the reason I chose to go with one of the major two. I wish I had the answers to fix the system. I have voted for third party candidates for lower offices hoping they can influence the neccessary overhauls.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 3:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I wanted to. But i didnt have the time. I am guilty for voting for the lesser of two evils.
    But next time i will be sure to vote for a third party ...because the lesser of two evils is still EVIL.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• You can't really get any more consistant than Ralph Nader, he has been running every single election since before I can remember, and on the same platfroms as well!!!
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• During the election I was appalled at how many people didn't even know there were more than two candiates. It's a shame that the two major parties have control over the debates and who is allowed to attend, and it's also a shame that because the third party candidates do not have funding, they are never heard from. I also ran across many people who assumed the 3rd party candiates were 'crazy', 'nazi', 'communists' or a 'joke'. They didn't even bother to research them because they've been brainwashed to think this!

We need a serious change in this country and I hope this serves as a lesson to some people. I voted for Nader but now looking back I think Ron Paul was the man we needed to put in office!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I absolutely did. Ultimately, I felt I had to make the choice that I'm sure so many others did--I had to vote for one of the 2 major-party candidates to try to keep the other from winning. I know, it's quite a conundrum--a third party candidate will never win office if people won't actually for him/her, but we're all afraid to because we don't want the Democrat (or Republican) to win.
    Anonymous

• I didn't just look into it...I voted for a third party candidate this past election! Of course I caught a lot of guff. People actually told me that I was "taking a vote away from the real candidates"... LOL! I told them, "Hey, did you know there are 8 people running for president this year?" and they had no idea! I had a LOT of fun watching people duke it out between Obama and McCain.... 'cause I didn't like either of them. I had my eyes on Mike Huckabee and the Constitution Party's candidate (can't remember his name to save my life right now).
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I voted for Chuck Baldwin (Constitutionalist party). I liked Bob Barr(Libertarian Party) also. Change will only come from a third party. The democratic and republican party are simply two sides of the same coin, they look different but spend the same.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 3:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2009