Is it possible that I've just gotten used to throwing up?

Anytime I eat now, thanks to morning sickness, I feel like I need to cough and throw up with no warning. Nothing at this point sounds good because I just picture it being thrown up but I'm starvinggg. :[

Anyone get to this point? What made you feel better?

ours

Asked by ours at 3:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe the cough is you warning? I know if you got acid backing up it can cause a cough, maybe that's what's happening. I hate to say this but throwing up food is better than dry heaving. What sounds really good to you right now? I found that if something sounded really good it was easier to keep down. Good luck and it should go away soon.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Nothing sounds good at this point but I'll wait, maybe something will pop into my head haha. It's not making me miserable necessarily because there's no nausea, just coughing and throw up. :/ Maybe my body is tricking me and I just need to not cough.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• eat things that are bland. Like crackers and things that don't have a lot of smell to it. Maybe if you start to keep those things down you can try other things.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I'm the same way. I am 7 weeks. I have had TERRIBLE morning sickness. I am on Phenergan to help and it only helps somewhat. No food sounds or tastes good. I can't go near anything sweet, sweets totally make me sick. Just try and stick with bland things like toast or even saltine crackers. I eat TONS of baked potatoes! I have to force myself to drink water...I've been dehydrated from throwing up so much. Wish I could really be of some help to you...but I am in the same boat as you. Just keep trying new foods to see if they will stay down. Otherwise speak with your doc about meds to help. If you don't want meds, it was suggested to be to try Vitamin B6 and ginger. Those may help. Good luck and Congrats on the baby!!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 3:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I HAD MORNING SICKNESS A LOT THROUGH MY PREGNANCY NOTHING REALLY SOUNDED GOOD MAYBE ITS SOMETHING IN YOUR DIET MY DOWNFALL WAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH TOMATO LIKE SKETTI AND PIZZA .... ALSO I FOUND THAT IF I TOOK MY PRENATAL PILLS IN THE MORNING I FELT YUCKY THE WHOLE DAY SO I STARTED TAKING THEM AT NIGHT AND FELT WAY BETTER
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 3:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I've always heard that sour apple candy helps with the nausea and so does watermelon.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 3:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I threw up a baked potato last night!! It was all that sounded good but guess my (hopefully) princess is picky. I swear this had got to be a girl, my skin is awful and I love ALL food, now not so much. My son could seriously eat everything, and while I was pregnant with him it showed haha.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• oh man, that does not sound fun!! i haven't had it as bad as you but i have had really bad nausea. i sip ice cold ginger ale and that helps. any smell that my body does not agree with and that's when the nausea comes in. also, chamomile tea is calming on your tummy so you can try that. add a little sugar or honey and hopefully it will help. good luck!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2009