Could this be early labor?

I just had a tiny (very tiny) amount of pink spotting when I wiped. I haven't had any more but then all the sudden I started having a TON of pelvic pressure and cramping in my pelvis area.

I'm 37 weeks today. I'm kind of hoping this isn't "it" quite yet because my church is throwing me a baby shower tomorrow. LOL

But could this be early labor? I've read some women have these for a couple of days as "prebirthing" pains. Have any of you experienced that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• this happen to my mom.
    couple hours later i came to this world..lol..
    but remeber that everybody is different..
    (if you start have bad pain you should see your doc..also you should call your doc and let him know whats going on..)
    GOOD LUCK c=
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Sounds like the "times" coming :] Get everything ready momma!

ours

Answer by ours at 3:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Some start labor very early. With my first son, I was in early stages of labor at around 38wks, but ended up being induced at 41wks. With my second, I was in early labor for about 6 days and he decided he was coming out......that was at 38wks. It may take time, just be alert to your body and if you start having contractions or your water breaks, head to the hospital.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• my sister just gave birth june 1st and she started her labor at 29 weeks. she ended up finally holding off and delivered at 37 weeks
    marriednokids

Answer by marriednokids at 3:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Yeah it very well could be the early stages. I bleed on a saterday with light irregular contractions. The bleeding and contractions stopped that sunday then started back monday with stronger irregular contractions then I went to the hospital tuesday afternoon when my water finally broke. So, yeah I think this might just be the early stages but the early stages can last a few days.. GL:)
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Your baby may have "dropped" but any pain is a pain to worry about. I had my son at 37 weeks and my daughter at 33 weeks but I had preterm labor with her at 28 weeks. I just cramped and KNEW I was in labor. Its just a feeling that I knew something was wrong. I never had a "full term baby" but 37 weeks isn't considered preterm.
    mom2lani

Answer by mom2lani at 4:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• yes it could be labor. It you start dialating the spoting could be from the capilaries. The pressure could be the baby engaging. 37 wks is safe for the baby, their lungs are fully developed and all should be well. Better get those bags ready.
    tigerus

Answer by tigerus at 10:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2009