I believe . . . ?

I've done this one before, but it's always fun to see other's answers.

What is something you believe in that your religion doesn't accept?
Please state your religion, as well.
There are quite a few for me, LOL.
I'll start . . .

I am a Christian.
I believe the afterlife is different for everyone, and that Hell is nonexistent.

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I am a Gnostic Pagan (I know, weird mix). But, there are a couple of things I believe that don't fit one or the other.
    1. I don't believe Jesus was the son of God.
    2. I believe in "minor God's" that control things here on Earth.
    That's about all I can think of at the moment.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I was raised christian, but now that I'm older(more mature) I have become spiritual. I believe that if you believe in heaven there has to be a hell, just like if you believe in God there is a Devil or satan if you will. Heaven is different for everyone, so hell is the same (it is different for everyone).
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I'm Christian and I believe that the "after-life" doesn't immediately follow death.
    I don't believe that 'Hell" will burn forever.
    I don't believe in the spiritual necessity in backing physical Israel. (though I believe in it politically)
    I don't believe that our country was founded as a Christian nation.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• What is something you believe in that your religion doesn't accept?

Hmmm . . . can't think of anything, LOL. Oh, I am Christian. Hmmmmm......

still thinking : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I am a Christain.
    I believe the bible to be the true word of God and is spirit filled/ God breathed, alive spiritually (which not everyone beleives), but that many times Christians misinterpret it meaning.
    I believe that speaking of tongues (of men and of angels) is real but not every Christian has that gift or uses it in the right way.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• There is nothing that I believe in that isn't Christian. I have a relationship with Jesus and He is in my heart. It's not a "religion".
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 3:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I see divinity more as energy then physical beings...some dont believe that way.

Im spiritually eclectic with most of my beliefs falling into an area called IndoWicca.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• great post op..

um... my religion doesn't believe in an after life.. however I believe in the paranormal.. so sometimes those two things clash..

however.. looking at scientifically.. our bodies to have energies that can be stored under the right conditions.. however I'm having a problem understanding how these energies can have personalities.. and open gates..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Yeah, I still can't think of anything I don't believe in as far as the teachings of Christianity goes. I mean I believe everything in the Bible is the inspired word of God for sure, so I was mostly thinking of other teachings that have originated from the church.

But no, I believe we live once and die and we either go to heaven or hell. I believe that Jesus is God. I believe in the trinity. I believe in the bodily resurrection. I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I believe that Jesus is the only way to God. I believe that God is eternal, we didn't evolve but that God spoke the universe into existence in 6 literal days. I believe in Noah's Ark and Jonah and the whale, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego survived the fiery furnace. I believe that Elijah never died but was taken to heaven in a chariot of fire. The walls of Jericho came down just because Israel walked around them : )

I completely believe the Bible.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Well, there isn't much that I believe in that my religion doesn't accept on one path or another. I am Pagan and there are more branches to this tree than anyone could ever count. But I think the one thing that tends to set me apart is that I believe that Jehovah, the god of the Jews and Christians is real. I believe that each ancient culture had different Gods for a reason. And that each of those pantanons of Gods exists. To me there is one set of Great God & Goddess. All other Gods/Goddesses are their children/grandchildren and that while they over see all the "lesser gods" rule all. These "lesser" gods are as imperfect as we are, with jelosy, cockinesw, and arrogance just as we have.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2009