What sort of things do you look for when you move?

I'm looking to move to a bigger apartment, all I've really looked into is the Registered sex offender list for the area, what sort of things do you look for when you move? Anything in particular or just anything? What do you need close by that you absolutly can't live without?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 3:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I need a gas station and a walmart within 5 minutes of me or i may begin to panick!! lol...not the kind to be away from "civilization" other than that...i look at the place in general...closet space bathrooms and kitchen storage are a REALLY big deal to me...i hate not having enough counter space in my kitchen....ive never really had neighbors that stopped and talked to me, so i dont worry about that much...you may wanna check the crime report in that area. break ins increase in the summer, kids are bored and outta school...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I always look for sex offenders, walmart and i look into the schools before i move to that place. I also check out the area to make sure it is a good place for my children to grow up.... oh and i look for a mini golf course...lol
    Anonymous

• honestly I don't look at the sex offender list, because its not the ones that actually register I worry about the most, its the ones who move and don't tell anyone that they are there that usually do the most damage. So those lists are only so acurate. I do look at the school system (regardless my children's ages), a quiet and safe place for them to play. Is it close to the park, library, school? Are there other kids around for them to make friends and play with? I also tend to ask the police (non emergency line) how many times they are called to that particular neighborhood and how serious those calls are, because even the nicest neighborhoods, or luxury apartments can have undesirable neighbors.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Schools
    Parks
    Public transit
    Access to parking

Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2009