post partum

i had a baby boy about 3mo. ago and i was fine until the other day when i started feeling like i'm no good and my kids would be better off with out me! i have not felt like eating for a few days, i feel like i want to die and when my son crys i dont want to go help him? what wrong with me? i love my kids and i know i should go see a doctor but i dont want them to put me in the hospital for feeling like i want to kill myself! what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tell them you feel like you have ppd...describe your symptoms..they usually give you meds and monitor you...not just lock u up in the loony bin!!! go get help before it does get worse, yur better for getting help not weak!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Your depressed, you NEED to talk to someone and fast if your thinking about killing yourself. If not a doctor then someone else, clergy or a hotline, someone soon. Please don't wait.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 4:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Call your doctor's office NOW. I know it's Saturday. Call. It can be your general doctor or your GYN. CALL!!!!! If all else fails, go to a local urgent care.

A simple anti-depressant can help. You have done nothing wrong. You are not a bad mom - especially since you are reaching out for help! That makes you a loving, caring mom!

The chemicals in your brain are simply out of balance. It will take time for a proper balance to come back - 2 years is common. In the meantime, an anti-depressant can really, really help you make it through.

You are worth it. You know your kids are worth it. You are not alone or unusual. I've been there too.

CALL NOW.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• If for some reason you can't get to a doctor soon, talk to someone at this organization...
    http://ppdhope.com/help_support.html
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Talk to a doctor ANYWAY......you will not I repeat will not be put into a hospital for suicidal ideation alone! Most healtcare providers will do a full analysis of the situation before making that decision as a last choice if they feel you are going to act on those thoughts imminently. Its OK to need help no person is an island and no one said motherhood was like the Beavers. Just because you feel that right now doesnt mean its a sentence to feel that way forever......and when you do get better because you will he will never know because you get help before it had a chance to aversely affect him and now yourr concern will be finding a place to put all those picassos he keeps drawinf for you....smile you are good no great mom who is having a hard timethat with help will pass
    Anonymous