What is the youngest age a mother should be??

And why..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why ask this question? We don't live in a perfect world.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• It has a lot more to do with maturity than age. But at least out of high school, with a way to support a child.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I dont think younger than 21.... this is only my opinion, i think you should be out of school and have sometime to be free and be a young adult before being tied down. But i know a few teen moms and i respect them just as much as an older mom.....
    Anonymous

• When she's old enough to understand that a child needs two loving parents, a mom and a dad, who are committed to each other in marriage for life, and are able to support a baby financially & emotionally. Without the help of their parents, or public assistance.

Anonymous

• In my own personal opinion. I was not ready to have kids at 23. I missed soooo much! I miss it but I can't go back. I have 2 kids now and I love them dearly but I really really wish DH and I had waited. I think it's different for everyone but I think that you should be sure you are ready to give up your spontaneous life first. So Def. out of high school and preferable after living alone for at least a year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• It does depend on the mom and her maturity level. I think women should have the chance to live life a little and grow up before they become parents. I know several people who got pregnant in high school and it's like they never got past the immature, party phase of life. But then there are also those who do just fine. So, like I said, it depends!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 4:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• What does public assistance have to do with it, i bet you more parents over 25 are on it then teen moms...
    Anonymous

• anon 1:05 said it perfectly! She needs to be emotionally mature enough, and financially stable enough, to support a family.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 4:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I think BOTH the parents need to be emotionally mature enough and financially stabe enough to support a family. Not JUST the woman!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• It's not up to me.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2009