WHAT DOES IT MEAN????

You cant have your cake and eat it too...??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• means cant be married and have someone on the side
    Anonymous

• To have one's cake and eat it too or simply have one's cake and eat it (sometimes eat one's cake and have it too) is the instance of an individual consuming, exhausting, taking advantage of or using up a particular thing and, then, after that thing is gone or no longer reasonably available, still attempting to benefit from or use it. It may also indicate having or wanting more than one can handle or deserve, or trying to have two incompatible things. It is a popular English idiomatic proverb or figure of speech and is most often used negatively. The proverb's meaning is similar to the phrases, "you can't have it both ways" and "you can't have the best of both worlds."

As an example, an individual who is engaged to marry someone but is still dating others romantically would be said to be having one's cake and eating it too.
    Anonymous

• being greedy!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• haha - I've wondered this too. I mean, I get the meaning of the saying, but literally it makes no sense. If I have cake I always eat it too. Why would you have cake and not get to eat it?
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 4:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Goldenfox...lol thats the same thing i always though
    -OP
    Anonymous