Science vs religion vs the..

paranormal..

I have a few questions:

1: what do you personally believe the paranormal to be?
2: how do your beliefs fit into your religion?
3: can you explain the differences in a residual haunt vs an intelligent haunt from your religious or beliefs stand point? ( i ask this question because some have certain beliefs that put all paranormal activity into one lump sum.. and am curious as to how different religions explain the differences)

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 4:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• 1: what do you personally believe the paranormal to be?
    I believe in ghost and spirits. A believe people, places and inanimate objects can all be haunted.
    They fit quiet nicely since I believe peopel can visit from back home and that some people choose to stay here. And, i also believe that strong emotional events can create hauntings.
    3: can you explain the differences in a residual haunt vs an intelligent haunt from your religious or beliefs stand point?
    A residual haunt is when there is so much emotion tied up in an event that it imprints itself and replays over and over.
    An intelligent haunt, however, is when either a spirit or a ghost is in a place or attached to a person or object. These can be caused by spirit guides, loved ones from back home, or people you don't know who are just attached to something in the area or a building.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• residual haunt

vs intelligent haunt (interactive paranormal activity, can speak, move objects, react to things you say or do, or interact with you)

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• OOOOOH. Spooky question. LOL.

I believe in demons and angels, that is it. But I believe that BOTH are very active in our daily lives and we have no clue. So yeah, haunted houses/objects are demons that are there. Interactive paranormal activity is demonic. People moving objects with their minds is demonic. Seances are demonic (IMO). I totally believe this stuff is true (sometimes a fraud) but it can happen I have experienced it. But I am fully convinced that during those experiences I was with full on demons.

I base my opinions on the teachings of the Bible most importantly, but also my own personal experiences having been involved in this stuff before I was a Christian. At the time it was very exciting, and fun but the more you get into it (at least for me) you begin to realize that it is not a game and this spirit is not your friend, and you have no control.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• 1: what do you personally believe the paranormal to be? I do believe in spirits and such. Not angels and demons or anything like that, but more like ghosts.

2: how do your beliefs fit into your religion? My 'religion' is open to whatever I want to believe in. I like it like that =]

3: can you explain the differences in a residual haunt vs an intelligent haunt from your religious or beliefs stand point? ( i ask this question because some have certain beliefs that put all paranormal activity into one lump sum.. and am curious as to how different religions explain the differences) I see a residual haunt as being malicious energy tied to a specific place, like the Tower of London or Gettysburg. An intelligent haunt is an actual spirit, be it good or bad.

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• 1: what do you personally believe the paranormal to be? I believe that there are more dimentions than the one we are in. Paranormal activity is simply activity in those dimentions that is visable in this one. Durring the night and certian times of day the veil between their plains thins and allows things to be more visable. Also, the more powerful beings are able to be seen more often. Poltergeists for example are very powerful and wish to me seen, so them make it so. I also believe there are "doors" between these dimentions and that persons or beings powerful enough can open them and thus allow beings from other dimentions to cross over.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• 2: how do your beliefs fit into your religion? As a Pagan witch it actually falls right in to my religious beliefs. And is in general a common belief among Pagans. While not all hold the same beliefs I do, most believe in other "worlds," "Plains," or "dimentions"
    3: can you explain the differences in a residual haunt vs an intelligent haunt from your religious or beliefs stand point? As I said in my other post I believe there are MANY dimentions. Each holds a completely different world. One, I'm sure is the Elysian Fields, where the souls of the dead live in peace. I see no reason why anyone would believe they can't reach us from there. There are MANY others though. Some are Perfectly Good and others are Purely Evil, the beings in these would be VERY different from eachother and passed souls...  So, no, I don't lump.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Those things paranormal I have always sensed on a demonic realm. I see it as a distraction. A way to keep the eyes off of God for some people. A great tool for the enemy. (I live in a house notorious for it)
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I personally think that the paranormal is within the realm of science... we just don't have the science to understand it yet. My personal view is that all things are 'natural' but our perspectives are limited and thus some things seem outside the 'normal' to us. If we assume that we are essentially powered by energy, it doesn't seem outside the realm of normal to believe that some people are more likely to see or sense those energies than others. I don't really see the point of dividing things up into 'natural' vs 'supernatural'- if it exisits, it exists somewhere in the natural order. Eclipses were thought to be supernatural by people who didn't have the understanding of what was happening. If we discover more about the energy workings of our universe, ghosts/spirits may make more scientific sense as well. JMO!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• well thank you Sabrina and Freela for your answers.. those fit a little more closely into what I believe..
    cinnamon and colleen.. I sent you a personal message with a few questions
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• 1: what do you personally believe the paranormal to be? I think almost all of it is probably residual energy, or beings who are half in this realm and half in the spirit. (LOL, fairies, etc)

2: how do your beliefs fit into your religion? I don't think our soul as a whole stays behind after our death, I think it immediately is absorbed by the Source of Spirit. So it ceases to be what it was and has no reason to haunt.

3:residual haunt vs an intelligent haunt -Residual is left over energy imprinted on the material world, having effects but no intent. Intelligent would be a consciousness working in the material world, intentionally. I'm guessing here, the paranormal isn't something I study much
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2009