Emotional Affair/God's View(Christians ONLY, please)

Do you think that God views having an "emotional affair" the same as a sexual affair in terms of Adultery? My husband had what I would consider as an emotional affair before we divorced.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jesus said if you LOOK at someone and in your thinking you are continuing to look you are committing fornication or adultery just as if you actually did it. Matthew 5:27, 28: “You heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone that keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• If you're divorced now, what does it matter? You obviously had other irreconcilable trouble, so what's the point of going back and wondering about this?
    Anonymous

• Because I'm curious as to what other Christians think as far as different types of Adultery. Not just in my case-I realize that is over. I just mean in general. I'm just curious.
    Anonymous

• well, lisarose took the words right outta my mouth (and right outta the Word too!)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009