Backward Times

Isn't it crazy how much things have changed? How did we get here? Where straight couples (i.e. celebrities) not giving a darn hoot if they get married before having children and gay couples demanding to have that same right (marriage and children)? And have you ever noticed how in a "gay" relationship one person is always trying to fill the opposite sex role? Obviously they are missing something!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And the whole friggin world is utterly screwed up to high heavens.

Nobody knows their ass from a hole in the ground anymore,   'cause their   "in love".

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION BUT IN A GAY RELATIONSHIP THERE IS NO ROLE PLAYING OF ANY KIND, AND NO ONE TRIES TO FILL ANY STEREO TYPE ROLE. IN THEIR RELATIONSHIPS THE ONLY THING MISSING IS EQUALITY.

Answer by older at 5:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Who really cares? Gay people have been around since "bible times". It was just not accepted like it is today. I don't agree with everything that is acceptable in this day and time but I sure as hell don't want to go back to not having rights to vote, own property or have a formal education and career. Good and bad comes with change.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I've made that same point before... and no one wanted to answer, so I'm eager to see what some women will say. Really... how come one lesbian in a relationship has to be more masculine?... and the same with gay men...one has to be feminine.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• BRANDYJ,, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ONE HAS TO BE MASCULINE, THERE ARE COUPLES WHERE BOTH LESBIAN ARE LIPSTICK LESBIANS WHICH ARE THE ONES THAT ARE FEMININE OR BOTH ARE MASCULINE, AND THE SAME GOES WITH GAY MEN. YOU KNOW THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST ASKED QUESTIONS IN A GAY RELATIONSHIP, WHO IS THE MAN AND WHO IS THE WOMAN? THERE IS NO ROLE ASSIGNED TO ANYONE! IT IS A PARTNERSHIP!

Answer by older at 5:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• What? That didn't make sense to us regular not worried about the bible folks.
    Anonymous

• Actually I know alot of gay guys and personally its my belief that its a sad irony in life that all the best men are gay. But anyway, they all the time talk about who is the woman between them.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I don't think you are right, but I guess you are entitled to your opinion. However, the world is not ruled by religion and the couples that cohabitate and the gay and lesbian couples would completely disagree with your assumption of their relationships.

There is nothing wrong with living a caring loving lifestyle and demanding equal respect for it.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Are you talking about my friend Dave, who stays home and cooks and cleans while his wife works? Or my friend John, who raised the kids while his wife was the sole breadwinner? Guess both those men, and their wives, must be missing something.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Gee, yeah, how dare certain citizens of this country expect the same civil right s as every other tax-paying citizen here.

Past that, what Older said.

Ignorance makes my head hurt. Maybe it's the rapid, repeated contact with my desk that it inspires. sigh.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2009