Wearing black to a wedding?

I have a super cute black dress. It is a summer style. Goes to the knees, spegetti strap with some cute beads on the straps. My hubby loves this dress. But is it wrong to wear black to a wedding?

LilMsTiff

Asked by LilMsTiff at 5:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think as long as it's fun and flirty as opposed to completely modest and morose, it would be okay. JMO.
    Anonymous

• Girlfriend where I come from.....85% of the guest wear black...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 5:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• You like it and you want to wear it. Do it. Pick some swell jewelry to go with it.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 5:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Uhh doesn't everyone wear black to a wedding, it IS like a funeral.. lol, jk. I think it's fine, I know my friends and I wear black to weddings.
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 5:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I think it sounds really cute and a lot of people wear black party dresses.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Technically black is especially appropriate at formal weddings that are after 6 o'clock.

However, its fine, my mother wore black to my wedding, which used to be a sign of protest (which is where you are getting the idea that its bad) but it was the most amazing dress. My mom looked so much younger and thinner in it. My sis and I made her buy it. Though if you are the mother of the groom, I would ask first.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 5:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• dpednes on the kind fo black dress and the kind of wedding....our uncel's wife wore a black leather dress to my aunts wedding and everyone thought she looked trashy...
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Call me old-fashioned, but black at a wedding is in poor taste.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• no, its perfectly acceptable now. As long as its something classy, you're fine. Personally, I love a wedding where people wear lots of colors, but as someone who wasn't married too long ago (2 years on the 16th!), I can say it was way more important to me that people felt good in what they wore, didn't wear shades of white and didn't wear something trashy or something they couldn't bend in.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• not anymore, in fact many brides are using black for their bridesmaids. I have worn black to the last 3 weddings I attended, and was not given a second look. They were evening weddings, you might want to do a black print for day.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2009