how many can I have?

You ladies that have had a c-section, with modern tech. How many csections can a woman have? Before they start to get dangerous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Every c-section is dangerous.
    If you have had one, try your hardest to get a VBAC.
    Anonymous

• Part of it depends on the doctor you go threw. The offices i went threw won't allow you to have a VBAC,and they won't do more than 3 c-sections, and they let you know that. If your adiment on a VBAC or another pregnancy after 3 c-sections they will tell you to find a different doctor because they won't do it, so check with your doctor.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 5:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• You risk death in every section as the complications are that of major surgery. They will let you section until they decide no more and do a hysterectomy with a birth. Oh I have had 3 by the way, and pregnant for my 4th child.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My understanding is 3 or 4. I plan on 4 myself.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 5:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• No matter how common a section is, it is still major surgery and any surgery can be dangerous, the risks are perforated bowel, bladder, sepsis, infection, bleeding to death, needing a hysterectomy etc...
    Off topic but doctors do way more sections than are medically needed for convenience to them, a large majority of inductions lead to sections, most doctor's will not allow a women to have a vaginal birth after section. I personally know of lots of women whose doctors said OK your 37 weeks when do you want to schedule the induction. I will remain anon,because of the field I am in.
    Anonymous

• I can not do VBAC. I am aware that c-sections are dangerious. (my hips are WAYYYY to narrow for v-birth) I have 2 kids, I want atleast 1 more. OP here!~
    Anonymous