my contractions have been getting stronger, but not strong enough, and still 2 far apart, but with every contraction, some liquid comes out that i cant controll, or i run to the bathroom, and go pee ( well at least i think its pee ) is that normal?

i just turned 38 weeks, and in the dark for labor, but i will be fine once my son gets here, and i have been feeling real sick to my stomach, like im going to vomit, but dont

mommy201988

Asked by mommy201988 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your water probably broke, make a call to the OB.
    Anonymous

• yup sounds like your water broke. Get a pad and wear it. Call the hospital. Mine had me go in so I wouldn't get an infection.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Yeah sounds like your water broke. Personally I would continue to labor at home until contractions are closer though. Do not insert anything into the vagina as it introduced the risk for infection.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Your water broke. Do not stay home! Call you Doctor and go to the hospital. If you ignore your water being broke it can increase the chance of infection. They prefer you deliver within 24 hours to avoid complications. Oh, and good luck!
    Mommy2Bears

Answer by Mommy2Bears at 5:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• 2 bears....tis a myth, there is no increased risk of infection unless something is introduced into the vagina. Being checked ect..... Women have labored for days with broken water without being violated by internal exam.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I agree with Colleen, I would labor at home for as long as possible. I'm on my second pregnancy and after doing a lot of research, I think it's a better choice. You'll feel more comfortable as well and can wait for contractions to get more regular laying in your own bed.
    ours

Answer by ours at 6:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• sounds like your water broke, I agree with PP give your Dr./midwife a call to let them know whats going on than labor at home as long as possible- if your contractions are still weak and far apart theres no reason to rush to the hospital...
    Good luck Mama
    RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 7:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2009